Author Topic: Marcum Showdown 5.6 Digital Sonar System  (Read 1464 times)

Offline fishhawk55

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum Showdown 5.6 Digital Sonar System
« on: Nov 06, 2012, 03:21 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has used this sonar device. What's it like and where did you get it from?

Offline TulibeeKing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • <'))><
Re: Marcum Showdown 5.6 Digital Sonar System
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2012, 05:37 PM »
Ive had one for 4 years now and it is great.  I will not icefish without one. Its very user friendly and so simple to understand i reexamined one to anyone. I ordered mine from the states,but WSS has them and most tackle shops. When you go take a look @ them dint let the salesmen talk you into a flasher the showdown is just as good or better.  It will make you a better fisherman helping see where the fish are and how to jig your hook to make them bite. :tipup:

Offline fishhawk55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2012, 06:02 PM »
Thanks so much for the info. Appreciate it!

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2012, 06:04 PM »
You definitely cant go wrong with a showdown. you get a ton of features for a price that would only get you a basic flasher.

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2012, 06:12 PM »
I prefer the flasher myself (Marcum LX5).  No matter what you get you will definitely increase your odds of finding and catching fish.  Marcum has a pretty solid reputation with outstanding customer service.
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline BIRCH HILLS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Perch Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2012, 11:07 PM »
I bought my Showdown a couple of years ago. It works fantastic, and I have never had any issues with mine. For a low tech redneck, even I can work this one. Makes more sense to me since you are fishing vertical, you might as well watch what is happening vertically. That being said, I have no experience with any other type of flashers. All I know is I won't fish without mine. Just having the luxury to bounce from one hole to the other and instantly see the deph, sure helps me. I paid over $300 for my dual. For the extra few bucks, buy the dual. More easier to zone in closer if there is lots of structure below. Good luck!

Offline Shirts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2012, 06:33 PM »
I have both the Showdown and the Ice Troller. Showdown stays in the shack, and the Troller comes with me when I'm drilling holes. Both are solid units, and work great. Downside is the use of 6AA batteries in the Troller, but I'm gonna buy the case and battery for it this week.

Offline fishhawk55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Once again, I appreciate all the info.
Gonna get one next month or whenever I get to the city.
Now we just need alot less snow and a way more ice!
Have a great season everyone

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2012, 06:36 PM »
I have had one for a few years now. Sent it back to the states and got them to upgrade it. Works great. A must to get it upgraded if you bought one a few years ago.Guys down there are great to deal with and a very fast turn around. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.