Author Topic: Put togther a new Deep water Panfish Pounder !  (Read 1465 times)

surflizard

Put togther a new Deep water Panfish Pounder !
« on: Oct 31, 2011, 03:02 PM »
I swung by my local bait shop this morning to see if the owner had started to set out his ice fishing gear yet. My timing was perfect, one of his guys had a doctors appointment and he needed a hand. We went to his warehouse and loaded my box van full of goodies and got them unloaded and started to inventory all the goodies. We worked on it till 2:00 and he called it a day. He asked me what he owed me, the gears spun and I said, well I could use a new perch rod, Grab what you want and we'll call it even ! Better then Christmas if ya ask me, ;)2 I spotted a Frabill Amplifier 28" ML rod and picked a Shimano Sienna FD500. I grabbed a spool of Trilene 4lb Micro ice and spotted a Lakco spring bobber and put it all on the counter. Jesus, Your Gonna Break Me, he shouted ! :roflmao: Alright, Alright, what do I owe you, I said ? He grinned and said thanks for givin me a hand and now get the hell outta here before I change my mind ! Pretty nice guy for a Crochety old Codger ! :roflmao: This will be a sweet deep water panfish rod, not a bad deal for 5 hours of Fondling Ice fishing gear ! :thumbsup: :roflmao: :icefish:

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
Re: Put togther a new Deep water Panfish Pounder !
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2011, 03:14 PM »
I will have my new deep water perch rod soon... Iceaholics anonymous ice rod of the year will be here in a few days. I bet while you were unpacking and marking inventory you felt as if you had died and gone to ice fishermans heaven. Nice setup surf

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Some guy's have good luck all their lives. Others just make their own. Looks like you made some today.
<===Lefty===

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2011, 05:30 PM »
        You Da Man Surf
  Firstest, with the mostest at the right time.
 Very nice Score

Tom

surflizard

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2011, 05:56 PM »
Thanks Guys, I used to go in that shop with my Dad and my Grandpa way too many years ago to count now and the owners have always treated me good and I've helped them out from time to time on the boat houses and the warehouse and in the shop ! Today was like Gator said, right place at the right time ! We are lucky really, we don't have the big outfitter retail stores in town or even close by and it helps the little shops keep the doors open !

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2011, 06:31 PM »
Way to go Surf! Nice score. Way to help out and got something great in return

surflizard

« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Quote: I bet while you were unpacking and marking inventory you felt as if you had died and gone to ice fishermans heaven.

You ain't kidding RB, It was awhile before the Tremblin in my hands stopped !!  ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2011, 06:54 PM »
I bet, I know I would be in my glory. Here in my part of NY you see bait shops come and go. :'( It's hard to keep a favorite local shop. There was a new shop last year that opened in Rome NY. When I stopped and bought bait I asked how business was...their reply was it was slow and dwindeling. I introduced them to our dark world called iceshanty.com (lol) I even scanned their flyer and posted it here. Well there shops business picked right up after that. It's the little things in life that people appreciate most.

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2011, 09:34 PM »
Way to go surf on helping out the mom and pop store I wish we had one here as I have to drive a hr to fleetfarm have often times thought about opening a bait and takle shop here nice score and good deeds are rewarded
I don't have a problem I have an obsession😏

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.