The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: fort peck trips  (Read 2000 times)

Offline legerski82

• Team IceShanty Regular
fort peck trips
« on: Jan 08, 2009, 10:22 AM »
Just curious how many wyoming fellas are taking trips to fort peck and when.   We are going to hell creek the eighteenth for a week.  Can't wait to head up.

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
Re: fort peck trips
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2009, 11:23 AM »
 Someday...........I swear I'm going !!!!  :tipup:
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2009, 01:29 PM »
Someday...........I swear I'm going !!!!  :tipup:
Yep thats what I say every year and still havent gone.  :-\ :(

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2009, 06:14 PM »
may have to go north to find ice before long ;D

Offline wyohikeit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2009, 07:04 PM »
The way the warm wind has been blowing here the last three days we may all have to go north to find ice.
I too keep saying that I am going to Fort Peck but Have as yet not got er done
Time on the ice is always worth more than money

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:44 AM »
I have fished it open water and it rocks!

I hope to retire there- then will ice it! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline dwilliams

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slammin' Slabs
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2009, 12:11 PM »
I'm going to Ft Peck around the third week of Feb for a few days.  Have been making this trip every Feb for the last five or six years.  Some years we hit it right and catch a lot of fish, some years are pretty slow.  We've always gone to the Big Dry Arm in the past, we're going to Hell Creek this year. I've often thought that I'd like to spend December through March there when I retire.....in 30 years.   

Offline pokefan1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2009, 08:55 AM »
There are a group of six of us that ar e going from the Buffalo area over the Presidents ady weekend in Feb.. We have been making it an annual trip for many years, some years we go to Duck Creek up by the dam and most years we go to Hell Creek. Its always a good time, some years we catch alot of fish some years we dont but thats the ways it goes!!
Anyone have any suggestions on any new places to try that has lodging close to the lake?
If anyone is interested in tagging along send a PM and we will see if we can work it out.... the more the merrier ( oh and it helps cut expenses!!!)
PF1

Keep calm and return fire...

Offline JOSHTUCKER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2009, 06:24 PM »
ILL BE HELLCREEK THE 15TH OF JAN THROUGH 22 AND AGAIN FEB 11 TILL ? BEEN FISHING THE BUG CREEK AREA VERY PRODUCTIVE

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2009, 03:39 PM »
There are a group of six of us that ar e going from the Buffalo area over the Presidents ady weekend in Feb.. We have been making it an annual trip for many years, some years we go to Duck Creek up by the dam and most years we go to Hell Creek. Its always a good time, some years we catch alot of fish some years we dont but thats the ways it goes!!
Anyone have any suggestions on any new places to try that has lodging close to the lake?
If anyone is interested in tagging along send a PM and we will see if we can work it out.... the more the merrier ( oh and it helps cut expenses!!!)
PF1

Momma might not agree with me when I tell her I'm taking myself to Peck for Valentines Day,

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline pokefan1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2009, 04:05 PM »
CHICKEN...tell her you are going to make her a nice candle lit diner with a big ol walleye fillet...it will just be a few days late.
My buddies just got back last night from up there and caught over 50 walleyes. The biggest just over 13 lbs... SO tell me again that you dont think you can make it!!!!
PF1

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Momma might not agree with me when I tell her I'm taking myself to Peck for Valentines Day,
Hmmmmmmm...I've already mentioned that to Honey and her response was, well...less than warm  :roflmao: :woot: :whistle:
                                                                        LT/ISM  :tipup:

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2009, 04:46 PM »
Hmmmmmmm...I've already mentioned that to Honey and her response was, well...less than warm  :roflmao: :woot: :whistle:

Yep..I got the same response. I says it wont cost so much if I go with a bunch of guys. She says ohhh how much does a divorce cost a guy these days.  :o

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2009, 04:53 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :woot: :icefish:

Offline pokefan1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:19 PM »
you all could try taking the wife along.....I asked mine if she wanted to go! Its worth a shot

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:19 PM »
you all could try taking the wife along.....I asked mine if she wanted to go! Its worth a shot

Can I drop my kids off in you shanty for the weekend????????????

Offline pokefan1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:38 PM »
heres were your dad comes into play!!! Tell him your wife and you really need some quality time alone together on Ft. Peck. I bet would understand. Tell him it is a big couples only weekend!! Throw the MOOTER MAGIC on him
And you can tell your wife that you will get the honeymoon suite at Hell Creek ( its the one with the indoor toilet). What a romantic SOB you would be!!

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:41 PM »
heres were your dad comes into play!!! Tell him your wife and you really need some quality time alone together on Ft. Peck. I bet would understand. Tell him it is a big couples only weekend!! Throw the MOOTER MAGIC on him
And you can tell your wife that you will get the honeymoon suite at Hell Creek ( its the one with the indoor toilet). What a romantic SOB you would be!!

First of all, the honeymoon suite has already been occupied by the Mooter Crew and she's not a fan. Second of all my Father, been the cool cat he is, does not change the poopie ones anymore. Third  I'm not sure I want my wife to hang around for a week in the coldest location I've ever been.  I don't think she would ever go ice fishing with me again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.