The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: marcum vs vexilar i need help please  (Read 2160 times)

Offline puddle

• IceShanty Rookie
  • miss ya brother in memory of mlp..........
marcum vs vexilar i need help please
« on: Nov 12, 2006, 09:38 PM »
i have narrowed my choice down to a marcum vxr from cabelas or a fl-8 vex please
help here ihave read everything i can on each still up in the air....i fish mainly 20'
or less of water....
on the 8th day he created icefishing and on the 9th day he created vexilar........

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: marcum vs vexilar i need help please
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2006, 09:47 PM »
Theres one helluva post on here right now about them, tells you everything.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Yep, thats it!

Offline DRabbit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2006, 10:13 PM »
I bought a VXR last year, and it has worked well. Personally i think it is a better flasher for the money. Comes with the nice soft case and has the bottom zoom feature which can be really helpful.

Offline holeinhide

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • have ice will fish!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2006, 03:04 AM »
I have an fl-18 and love it. Seems to me by reading all the info that they both work so pick the one that looks best to you and have fun catching fish. ;D

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2006, 03:40 AM »
I have the fl8se Love It would recomend the resistor cable if you get in skinny water i fish a spot that is about 2' and the flasher is as useless as an aquaview in that mud hole 8' or more the flasher works fine I have no idea if marcum offers that option just some food for thought for ya

Chad

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2006, 05:47 AM »
i have narrowed my choice down to a marcum vxr from cabelas or a fl-8 vex please
help here ihave read everything i can on each still up in the air....i fish mainly 20'
or less of water....

The vexilar Fl-8se Genz pack will run you $270 and it doesn't include a soft pack or zoom mode. Right now the Cabela's VXR is selling for $250. It comes with a soft pack, a free battery gauge, and has a zoom mode.  Whichever one you choose will definately help you catch more fish. Enjoy. 
Ken                                          

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2006, 08:47 AM »
I'm going to repeat what others have said, for the most part. They are both quality units that will help you catch more fish, they are both backed by reputable companies with good customer service records, and both brands hold their value.
Personally, I have used both over the years, along with the Hummingbirds, Lawrence and Zercom units, I prefer the MarCums. I think that they simply offer a better value for my hard earned dollar. MarCum's lower priced models have the same or better features than Vexilars higher priced models. Value aside, I think the MarCums do a better job of "shooting through the ice" and I prefer the display on the Marcums. Bean has a very good post on both units in the General section, which offers a side by side comparison of both models. 
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline puddle

• IceShanty Rookie
  • miss ya brother in memory of mlp..........
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2006, 11:04 AM »
thanks alot to all that answered ...i have decided on the marcum vxr.....im like a kid again at x-mas.............cabelas here i come also im going to try the chubby darters this year any one done any good on perch with them????
on the 8th day he created icefishing and on the 9th day he created vexilar........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.