Author Topic: Garmin Livescope All Seasons bundle from Reeds  (Read 1535 times)

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
Garmin Livescope All Seasons bundle from Reeds
« on: Jan 28, 2022, 01:56 PM »
I just received this bundle today. The transducer is 2 cords, thought they went to 1 cord? Might have to send back, any Garmin guys out there that know something about this? Thanks.

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Garmin Livescope All Seasons bundle from Reeds
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2022, 08:55 PM »
The two wire transducer cable is Garmin's 1st generation cable that tended to crack at the junction of transducer.

They’ve redesigned that cable and now it’s a single round casing with two wires within that single casing. The newer cable also is supposedly more flexible and  is more cold resistant.

I have the older two wire transducer. I reinforced that junction area and haven’t had an issue for 2.5 years.

But if you just bought your unit, I’d get that cable switched to the newer one.
Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2022, 07:11 AM »
I don't follow what you are saying about two cords to the transducer?  I have been using Livescope ice fishing since it's inception (lots of use, long winters here) have had no problems to date. I am now using a protective piece at the bottom of the cable where it connects to the transducer to prevent any possible cable problems. I can say no more about Livescope than what has been said over and over, it is all true.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2022, 11:13 AM »
Not to hijack the thread, but I had some cracking on one of my ducer cables. I used the Flex-Seal paste to build up around it. Worked amazing to reinforce the area.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2022, 11:45 AM »
I don't follow what you are saying about two cords to the transducer?  I have been using Livescope ice fishing since it's inception (lots of use, long winters here) have had no problems to date. I am now using a protective piece at the bottom of the cable where it connects to the transducer to prevent any possible cable problems. I can say no more about Livescope than what has been said over and over, it is all true.

They have a new cable that doesn't have the "2 cords" fused together like the original one.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2022, 08:04 AM »
They have a new cable that doesn't have the "2 cords" fused together like the original one.

kayl, what you said makes more sense to me.  I visualized two separate cords (my perception of what a cord is just varies from that of the OP).  The only concern might be is if he sends it back, will there be another unit with 1 cord available, or could he possibly be SOL for the rest of the ice fishing season?

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2022, 08:11 AM »
Update, I sent the Reeds All Seasons bundle back. It contained the older 2 cord transducer cord and older GT54 not the newer GT56. For that kind of $$$ I don't want older equipment. I just sourced it through Twin Lakes Outdoors in Centerville Minnesota, Chad is a good guy a d set me up correctly. Save your $ and don't buy the bundles, that way you don't have the Garmin shuttle/pole and bag that everyone ditches right away to buy aftermarket shuttles etc. I got the Arclab shuttle and pole, built rock solid! Hope this helps someone not make the same mistake I did.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.