Author Topic: Interesting Video on Flashers  (Read 1728 times)

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
Interesting Video on Flashers
« on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:47 AM »
For all you new guys wanting some info before buying a Vexilar...have a look

Offline Minnowhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Interesting Video on Flashers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:02 AM »
I've got a Vex and really like it.  But why didn't he use the Humminbird or Marcum in the video? Would've been nice to see if those units could do the same thing.
Confucious say: "Wise man waits till Winter to walk on water!"

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:39 AM »
I think the main reason is "power".  The Vexilar is the least powered and can still see 2 BB sized splitshot at 45 ft. deep 1 inch apart. Why waste battery power if you don't need to.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:43 AM »
Set it up for just click...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMdVodE2bXk

I did see this, "one-sided" test. How does the Marcum look? It's just another Vexilar sale pitch. I think they all work well, it just comes to personal needs/preference.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2012, 12:18 PM »
Thanks Bart! Yes, I'm sure it's also for sales purposes..and any flasher is better than none. I have a Vexilar and love it, but I may buy a Marcum just to switch things up for a second flasher.....I'm open minded to new or even better things..But right now, the vex is all I know, and this is why most people, but not all are so dead set on ther decisions..cause that's what they have to use without ever trying another brand out. I does make sense as far as power needs though.

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2012, 02:33 PM »
If you read the posts on the split shot test (just under the video screen) the guy who shot the video has a few posts about the test.
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2012, 04:47 PM »
lol 2.5 inches apart. Stick them .75" apart and see them both on the marcum.

Just a sales pitch for vexilar, like that whole show is. If he would have tested the other two he would have shot himself in the foot. The marcum would have shown them way better, as would the bird.

"I've got a vexilar, marcum, and humminbird unit here in the same hole... let me show you what the vex can do". Very scientific.....
EYECONICFISHING

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2012, 05:00 PM »
a vexilar commercial?

Offline bassin329

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2012, 05:15 PM »
I feel the same way as all. Maybe more power draws a battery down faster but, dose it show more? :whistle:
Respect the land and water you tread on, it's not just yours.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2012, 05:20 PM »
I feel the same way as all. Maybe more power eats a battery more but, dose it show more? :whistle:

Yes.

That is why every ice flasher now (except for vexs of course) have lots of power. The vex's are way underpowered and then you have to cut the power in half again to show fish in structure. Old technology, never improved upon.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Vexilar commercial! ::)

I'm glad to see they haven't given up on the sales pitch.... ours still work, why would you want to pay less for a better unit!?

Battery drain and more power scares fish is PURE CRAP.

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Vexilar commercial! ::)

I'm glad to see they haven't given up on the sales pitch.... ours still work, why would you want to pay less for a better unit!?

Battery drain and more power scares fish is PURE CRAP.

Come on now....if you don't believe it here is another video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=som_LJCSuF8 of Vexilar endorsing a Vexilar, they are the best darn it.  Now I just need to find that Ford commercial so we all know what the best truck is.... :roflmao:.

Offline Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:00 PM »
I don't understand why he didn't even turn on and show the marcum or hummingbird in the splitshot test. Possibly cause he know they would show it just fine too?? I'd say so

Offline GRIZZ08

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:47 AM »
someone should do the video again and show all the units, i would but i dont have any lakes close enough to me to do the test.  it would be nice to compare as i own a marcum but would like to see what the bird can do?
some days I can drink a lot of beer and other days only a case

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:26 AM »
I don't understand why he didn't even turn on and show the marcum or hummingbird in the splitshot test. Possibly cause he know they would show it just fine too?? I'd say so
I was told by vex that they couldn't unless there was a rep from Marcum and one from humminbird.
Fishin red lines

Offline GRIZZ08

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:51 AM »
i was kinda thinking that someone from the shanty could do it?
some days I can drink a lot of beer and other days only a case

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2013, 12:51 PM »
I think his point was to prove the FL22 has 1" target separation because everyone seems to think it has 2.65" target separation. I believe the ice 55 has 2.5" of target separation and wouldn't do well with this test. Dunno for sure. :unsure:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2013, 04:49 PM »
I was told by vex that they couldn't unless there was a rep from Marcum and one from humminbird.

I'm 99% sure (maybe more than that) that you can do anything you want with a product once you purchase it legally. Outside of defaming the product, slandering the company, or infringing on trademarks or copyrights, it's still a free country to video tape all the crap you want.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:15 PM »
I'm 99% sure (maybe more than that) that you can do anything you want with a product once you purchase it legally. Outside of defaming the product, slandering the company, or infringing on trademarks or copyrights, it's still a free country to video tape all the crap you want.

Not when you are filming a commercial. If you are filming for your own product, you can't demo any other products without consent from the companies. They want a rep on hand so he doesn't slander their company or product. If he would have turned on the other units and somehow shown the vex was better at anything, he would have had one hell of a lawsuit on his hands.

This was filmed as a product endorsement for the vexilar company. If you were to do an independent test you could show all three on film without consent, as long as you do not work for or have stake in any of the companies. You can go on public television with all three brand and show what each can do if you want... as long as you do not endorse any company or somehow prove one is better than the others.

That is why you don't see Pepsi commercials where people drink Coke and then say Pepsi is better. They drink "the other brand" and then say pepsi is better.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Ford, Chevy, and Dodge have been calling each other out for years. They will show their competitors products and mention them by name...

I think it is more of a "you don't poke me and I won't poke you back" type honor system with many other products.

Notice how they will tell you exactly how they come to the conclusions in the pickup commercials to avoid law suit..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.