Author Topic: fishing stores in regina?  (Read 1945 times)

Offline fishin buddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
fishing stores in regina?
« on: Feb 26, 2006, 01:12 PM »
heading to regina next weekend to go to regina beach derby and I was wondering where there is some good tackle and bait shops to hit up,I need bait for sure ,I ve heard of pokeys tackle so ill probably head there but where else is there to go in the city for supplies and some tackle shopping while the old lady goes to the mall or something boring.tks :tipup:

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
Re: fishing stores in regina?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2006, 01:52 PM »
northern rod and reel
Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2006, 01:56 PM »
CMS Fish and Hunt, ask for Mike.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Great Northern Rod and reel all the way, on Park street just south of Mohawk and Coop gas.
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2006, 01:12 PM »
Great Northern Rod & Reel, Pokey's Tackle Shop, CMS true value hardware, Fish and Hunt, Canadian Tire, Wallmart. :)

WW

Offline NoLimitSoldier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2006, 09:24 AM »
 CMS on Winnipeg St. has an excellent selection and fair prices but the one guy who's usually working the sporting goods section has a real attitude for some reason. I've been there quite a few times and the guy working the counter has been a jerk to someone everytime I've seen him. Never to me directly but I've watched him get real ignorant with friends and strangers alike over questions which were pretty innocent but to this guy apparently if you don't already know your not worth his time or respect. Too bad, they have the best tackleshop in town in my opinion. Everyone else that works there is always helpful and friendly. Don't boycott the store, just don't be afraid to tell the jerk in sporting goods to go to hell if he starts giving you the gears about something. He still has to ring in your purchase, whether or not he does it with a smile, who cares? ;D
Any tosser can catch a little, sissyfin Walleye.
 Walleye suck, and Perch suck-off Walleye.
 I only fish for monster Pike, the kind that scare you right off the Walleye trail!

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2006, 10:22 AM »
You're right-on Nolimitsoldier, My wife had a bad experience in there trying to run an errand for me. In fact the only place she cares to go now is Pokey's and she's been in all the stores buying me gifts,or picking up something for me. Consequently she bought my Aqua-view(Christmas present) at Pokey's.
   Staff in these stores should realize that just because a customer doesn't have the knowledge of a tournament angler they may still drop some cash, if you take the time and have a little patience. Having said that, I realize that anyone can have a bad day-maybe the previous customer gave them a bad time or whatever,but-it only takes one bad experience to leave a lasting impression.

Offline fishin buddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2006, 12:36 PM »
Tks for all the help guys ,sounds like Ill have to check out this cms place and as for the  miserable guy ,I always like a good challenge or opportunity to make and idiot fell like one. :-* :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.