Author Topic: Listening to the Locals getting Angry  (Read 1680 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Listening to the Locals getting Angry
« on: Feb 28, 2005, 12:50 PM »
A friend and I just took one last trip up to Jacks lake to finish out the season up there. We arrived at 7am and set up camp. About a half hour later and SUV sonvention hit the ice, there must have been 40 vehicles all arriving in a 20 minute span. These guys all stuck together they circled the wagons and all fished within 10 feet of each others

We found it amusing, but the guys in huts around us did not. These guys were furious, the profanity was fierce and they really didn't care who heard them. this was their lake and we were all intruding. In some cases I could see their point, Some of the tourney group were right on top of the huts that had been in the same place probably all season and possably for years. No regard for space

As it turns out there was an internet post for a  tournament on the Lake, My friend and I were not aware of this we just came to fish the last days of the season on a lake we heard was hot for crappie and perch. Needless to say with all the action around us we didn't catch many fish, the perch were few and tiny, but we did have some luck with the crappies. We caught about 6 or 8. 

Here are some pics of the first caravan to arrive

[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

Offline wormwigglr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Listening to the Locals getting Angry
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2005, 02:27 PM »
why is it the end of the season?

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2005, 02:45 PM »
looks like plenty of ice to me :tipup:

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2005, 04:06 PM »
This particular lake is closed as of March 1st. A lot of lakes in my area of Ontario close on the 1st of March due to how heavy they are fished all year round

Offline wormwigglr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2005, 05:16 PM »
thats pretty crappy and that is the first i have heard of that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.