Author Topic: West Hill 1/26  (Read 3192 times)

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
West Hill 1/26
« on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:20 PM »
Nice day out pretty cold got a couple pickral one pickral was about 18" ice was about 8-9" no worries anyway, slow day all around west hill it seemed, always look forward to next week.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
Re: West Hill 1/26
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:37 PM »
it may of been slow, but it still better than being at work.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LET THERE BE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:34 AM »
west hill was so slow all year this year it seems that way to me

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:56 AM »
i would still rather be there than at work! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LET THERE BE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2008, 09:26 AM »
where did you fish by the boat launch on perkins road?

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:59 AM »
where did you fish by the boat launch on perkins road?

fished next to the boy scout camp

Offline pdbruzassr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:31 PM »
west hill was so slow all year this year it seems that way to me

You have to be kidding me about being slow at West Hill. I witnessed my nephew who caught a 24" 6 lb. 2 0z on New Years eve. His  Brown which is third in the CT Outfitters' fishing derby was number one for a week  and witnessed Captain Steve catch two 22 inch breeder browns while I have caught three beefy 19" browns out of the same hole of which two were released and one kept for the table. My nephew also caught another 19"  brown which looked more like a pickerel than a trout. Slow? I doubt it because the fish move around as testified to by the fellow fishing by the Boy SCOUT CAMP. What was being caught in abundance were Kokanne salmon by many fishermen in the first three weeks of the year. I cannot comment about the past week and one half because I have not fished the lake recently.                                  West Hill Phil                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2008, 05:25 PM »
You have to be kidding me about being slow at West Hill. I witnessed my nephew who caught a 24" 6 lb. 2 0z on New Years eve. His  Brown which is third in the CT Outfitters' fishing derby was number one for a week  and witnessed Captain Steve catch two 22 inch breeder browns while I have caught three beefy 19" browns out of the same hole of which two were released and one kept for the table. My nephew also caught another 19"  brown which looked more like a pickerel than a trout. Slow? I doubt it because the fish move around as testified to by the fellow fishing by the Boy SCOUT CAMP. What was being caught in abundance were Kokanne salmon by many fishermen in the first three weeks of the year. I cannot comment about the past week and one half because I have not fished the lake recently.                                  West Hill Phil                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Me and everyone else ther hit a slow day that day seen some caught I know how west hill is I've killed em and also sat out there all day without no action some days are just better than others

Offline duramaxdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2008, 06:38 PM »
Does anybody fish there for panfish? I scuba dove it last summer and saw some huge small mouth and tons of rock bass and gills. I know alot of people go there to fish for trout in the winter but can calico's be found there. I'm familiar with around the island and the rock pile its along walk from the boat launch

Offline pdbruzassr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2008, 06:56 PM »
Does anybody fish there for panfish? I scuba dove it last summer and saw some huge small mouth and tons of rock bass and gills. I know alot of people go there to fish for trout in the winter but can calico's be found there. I'm familiar with around the island and the rock pile it's along walk from the boat launch.
I don't believe there is another way to go from the parking lot to the island. The old boat rental place on the South end is closed now. The Boy Scouts own the island and the camps there and do not like outsiders there. If you know a lake front property owner you might be able to get on the lake from their property.
I have heard that the trout are huge and many people ice fish for the perch and Kokanee salmon. Some bass and pickerel are also caught there. Good luck off the island; that area was frozen but the center of the lake was open in the deep part of the lake.

Offline duramaxdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2008, 08:06 PM »
its to bad ponds boat livery isn't operating anymore it made it easy for people to have a good time on the water without having to own a boat, chances are i'm heading that way saturday. Ill be jigging by myself so if anyone else is looking for someone to catch a few let me know. got a cool new aqua vu showdown to play with too. It works well tested at the weathersfield cove today.

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2008, 08:14 PM »
its to bad ponds boat livery isn't operating anymore it made it easy for people to have a good time on the water without having to own a boat, chances are i'm heading that way saturday. Ill be jigging by myself so if anyone else is looking for someone to catch a few let me know. got a cool new aqua vu showdown to play with too. It works well tested at the weathersfield cove today.
I'd like to go sometime but cant go this sat going with my father inlaw you must live close to me if your lacation is burlington

Offline duramaxdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2008, 08:19 AM »
depends on were in bristol you are. I'm in lake garda area, everheard of it?, close to marinelli's supperclub, coppermine rd. Burlington/farmington line spend most my days on local lakes round here but i got get in some new waters

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2008, 10:04 AM »
depends on were in bristol you are. I'm in lake garda area, everheard of it?, close to marinelli's supperclub, coppermine rd. Burlington/farmington line spend most my days on local lakes round here but i got get in some new waters
Yea I live right around the corner on the Burlington/Bristol/Farmington Line. I think we should get together sometime and go. Definitly the places to fish are north and west of our location could maybe suggest other locations, email me click my user name and my email will be there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.