Author Topic: Narrow Hills  (Read 1196 times)

Offline frabillfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Narrow Hills
« on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Any reports on any trout lakes is what im looking for! ie. sealy, nipawin, burtlien, shannon, piprell.

Offline frabillfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Narrow Hills
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Any reports?

Offline SaskWatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:35 PM »
I friend spent New years at Rainbow Lodge, Pipprell Lake and during the two days they were there he caught the only fish he heard of. It was a small Splake if I recall correctly. He didn't explore the lake too much as it was a family outing. Pretty much stayed to the main part and directly across from the lodge. Others were fishing other points on the lake with no luck. He did say some people were heading to Kit but never had a chance to find out how they did. I'm heading up to the cabin on the 15th so I can give you another report after asking around. You have any tips for fishing Lake trout on Whiteswan/Whelan Bay?

Offline frabillfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Thanks... cant  help you out on the lake trout thing although after watching shows they usually use many tube jigs... thats all i know.

Offline ochocenko

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:52 AM »
bucktail jigs with oversized minnows or smelts. always worked anywhere else for me.

Offline SaskWatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2011, 06:05 PM »
I'll give the bucktail and tube jigs a try. Most people up there just use a plain jig head with a stinger hook and a minnow. I've caught a few up there like that but looking to catch more lakers. Any recommendation on the sort of action they like. I'm really only caught them fishing a foot or so off the bottom and with very little action.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.