Author Topic: nibblets  (Read 4745 times)

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just gotta find some ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nibblets
« on: Jan 01, 2004, 04:36 PM »
has anyone ever used the berkley crappie nibblets in the winter? I have used them in the summer and they work well.
if your not walking on water, then you're not icefishing!

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:nibblets
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2004, 08:16 PM »
Ask bussman he doesnt use power bait stuff much but he does own alot of that kind of stuf
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2004, 09:46 PM »
well, I found out that they work in the winter,I went out on open water today, and a buddie and I caught 35 slab gills an 2 slab crappie on the green colored ones, so I guess I answered my own question,They work in the winter!

Offline crapyking

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I like crappies!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2004, 05:50 PM »
they work well,chart & wht. put on a hotshot jig

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2004, 11:53 PM »
I use them for crappie and they have worked very well for me. I like the gold glitter and the white.

Dante83R

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2004, 08:48 PM »
     I've found that you don't get any second chances though, I'm trying the pink ones and if you get a hit of any kind and miss it, you better plan on rebaiting.  They're like trying to Hook on a real fresh marshmallow.

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2004, 03:58 AM »
    I've found that you don't get any second chances though, I'm trying the pink ones and if you get a hit of any kind and miss it, you better plan on rebaiting.  They're like trying to Hook on a real fresh marshmallow.

After you put them on, try to squeeze them a little. This has really helped keep them on a lot longer.

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: nibblets
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2004, 10:01 AM »
bussman, I agree completly, if you squeeze them and shape them on the hookto cover the point of the hook you can catch alot of fish on one nibblet. I have been using them all winter and they out fish the live bait, I use the green,pink,orange and white, the green and orange seem to work the best, I try to have the same color jig as the nibblet, that works well for me.

Offline crapyking

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I like crappies!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2004, 11:32 AM »
the trick is to have a couple bottles of nibbles. when it's hot out open the lid & put some on it to dry out to a good consisancy so they stay on the hook. if they get too dry then just add some fresh ones to the batch to remoisten them. works like a charm! Got to say - there gettin VERY hard to find. Can't find them @ walmart/kmart anymore. Just ordered 3 more jars from cabelas. stock up NOW b4 they quit making them. And the trout flavored are not the same animal - don't work nearly as well! I've been using power baits from day 1. Berkley used to make a crappie strike product, looked like a tootsie roll, you could cut off slices. That stuff used to smoke! they quit selling that then they stopped w/ the crappie paste. Now you can only find glitter nibbles. The original wht & yellow r gone. Obbviious it's not fisherman making decisions, it's execs lookin @ what sells best. >:(

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:05 AM »
Have thought about trying the Nibblets. Have tried several of the other processed fish catching foods, without much to brag about. After reading this thread, will have to give them a try. When the live bait isn't working or available, nice to have another alternative to try.

I have become a fan of the lazor style gold egg sack hooks when looking for Bluegills and other small mouth'ed panfish. What size hooks do you use with the Nibblets?

-reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

peple of the perch

« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:34 AM »
i cant find the nibblets anywhere :(

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 05, 2004, 01:58 PM »
This is one of the reasons I have a few bottles of them. Every time I see them there in a box on clearance. Thats where you have to look but you need to be looking in the "JUNK" to find them! LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.