Author Topic: vehicle through in Meredith Bay  (Read 3613 times)

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
vehicle through in Meredith Bay
« on: Feb 22, 2010, 10:23 AM »
everyone out vehicle in the water @ 11:00 am. more to follow
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline WhackMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: vehicle through in Meredith Bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2010, 02:36 PM »
great...  ::)

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2010, 03:02 PM »
anyone with a house on the bay should think of getting it off soon as the launch is compromised.
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline Altonbayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • of all liars; fisherman are the most trustworthy.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2010, 05:15 PM »
I saw a pic of it on wmur site. SUV with most of front end under water off ramp- rear tires still on ice.  Tow truck removed it.

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2010, 05:27 PM »
 The list of idiots grows longer ::)

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:32 PM »
I'd like to give a great big thank you to all the A-HOLES who drive on the access points and break them up with their trucks and cars and ruin it for everyone else. it's never going to freeze up right and now everybody is screwed.

Selfish and stupid, a winning combination! 
PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline potatomansoup

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Follow the code of the Fish Nerds...
For free fishy fun, check out the Fish Nerds Podcast on iTunes or Stitcher

surflizard

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2010, 05:19 AM »
This bit of IDIOCY is brought to you by the makers of "INSTASTUPID" The new 200 proof brain cell paralyzing swill preferred by MORONS EVERYWHERE !!! ;D :roflmao:

Offline Cherwnvega

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2010, 09:17 AM »
can't we just make it illegal to drive a car/truck on the ice? I mean the only people that do it can't vote anyways cause they are from Massachusetts  ;)
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today.  Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all day"

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2010, 10:04 AM »
Yeah lets just make everything illegal that every stupid person dose. And while were at it lets make it a crime to drive snowmobiles and four wheelers also. Lets not be ridiculous.

Offline Cherwnvega

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2010, 10:56 AM »
You needs laws to keep people alive and safe. One would think with all the news coverage that people would get the hint that driving a vehicle on the ice is not a good idea and guess what that hasn't helped.  I never said outlaw four wheelers and snowmobiles big difference between a 500 LB 4wheeler and a 2000 lb truck.
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today.  Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all day"

Offline WhackMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2010, 11:11 AM »
i wouldn't be surprised to see some legislation introduced. i wouldn't support it because i believe there are plenty of folks who have enough sense to know when and where to drive their vehicle on the ice. i can see the other side though as well.. but i still couldn't support it.

i hope that doesn't screw the rest of the houses on meredith bay. they need to get off too but now there's a giant hole at the ramp. gonna be tricky for them.

Offline JDN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JHM
« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2010, 11:24 AM »
I'd like to give a great big thank you to all the A-HOLES who drive on the access points and break them up with their trucks and cars and ruin it for everyone else. it's never going to freeze up right and now everybody is screwed.

YEP!!!Cost them some coin this time!!!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2010, 11:28 AM »

the one at winter harbor is all broken up....it was broken up on saturday and looks even worse when i drove by today.....lots of guys taking shacks off yesterday at 19 mile......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2010, 12:46 PM »
You needs laws to keep people alive and safe.

We don't need any more laws giving the government more power to regulate our lives.  People just need to exercise some common sense and be responsible for their actions.  I don't want the "Live Free or Die" state telling me I can't do something else....

Offline Cherwnvega

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2010, 01:06 PM »
We don't need any more laws giving the government more power to regulate our lives.  People just need to exercise some common sense and be responsible for their actions.  I don't want the "Live Free or Die" state telling me I can't do something else....

Yeah the common sense thing seems to be working....just remeber common sense isn't all that common these days. Is not driving on the ice really going to effect your everyday life or give the government more power? not really maybe just save some morons from going for a winter swim

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2010, 01:27 PM »
Yeah the common sense thing seems to be working....just remeber common sense isn't all that common these days. Is not driving on the ice really going to effect your everyday life or give the government more power? not really maybe just save some morons from going for a winter swim

Obviously it isn't...the guy going through Newfound is proof of that.  Yes, I do feel bad for the families of people that lose their lives in 'through the ice' accidents, but I don't think we need government regulation of it.  I think the legislature has a lot more priorities on their plate to deal with, the economy being the biggest.  I have an inherent fear of one law snowballing into several laws...today vehicles on the ice, tomorrow ATV's then snowmobiles.  Perhaps I'm just paranoid....  ;)

Offline Cherwnvega

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 23, 2010, 01:59 PM »
wish we didn't even have this problem if people would just smarten up but you are right they probably don't need a law but they need something because exstensive news coverage doesn't seem to be getting through to these people. I am not against driving on the ice but be smart about it and try not to ruin it for other others (like ruining access points. hebron beach is an example of that only took a few people to get that shut down) I think there should just be serious repercussions if your vehicle falls through the ice enough to maybe make people think twice about going out there. This year nobody should be driving on the unpredictable ice.

surflizard

« Reply #18 on: Feb 23, 2010, 02:49 PM »
The only way they will get this REALLY FRIKKIN SIMPLE MESSAGE THRU THEIR THICK HEADS IS TO HURT THEM !! Not necessarily beat them, I admit that's not a bad idea ;D  I mean hurt them in the wallet, Boost the fine up to $ 2000.00 a day, and yank their licence for 90 days. The repeat offenders, like that MORON on Newfound might just think twice about driving on the ice if they spent some time thinking about it in the poky !! Banning vehicles will hurt all of us, We have way too many rules and laws as it is now !!  Maybe,just maybe, these soft spots that these morons keep finding is GODS way of culling
the herd ;)2  If I in any way have offended anyone by taking such a hardline on this subject, OPPS, SORRY, I can't help myself, STUPIDITY OFFENDS ME :%$#!:

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #19 on: Feb 23, 2010, 02:59 PM »
can't we just make it illegal to drive a car/truck on the ice? I mean the only people that do it can't vote anyways cause they are from Massachusetts  ;)
just like you can't legislate morality, you can't legislate intelligence or stupidity.  The answer isn't more laws.  The more we legislate, the more we enable frivilous lawsuits and empower blame culture.  Let people suffer the natural consequences of their actions.  There are laws in almost every state regarding vehicles through the ice.  I say enforce the laws already in place, don't make more, and fine the living hell right out of them.  The only way to make people think today is to hit 'em in the bank

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
« Reply #20 on: Feb 23, 2010, 03:06 PM »
I must admit i do like watching stupid in motion .it's the poor ***** that has to try to save them when it does happen.people don't think about that.

Offline Fishsavage

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The phrase "Last cast" means "Not leaving"
« Reply #21 on: Feb 23, 2010, 03:29 PM »
!!  Maybe,just maybe, these soft spots that these morons keep finding is GODS way of culling
the herd ;)2  If I in any way have offended anyone by taking such a hardline on this subject, OPPS, SORRY, I can't help myself, STUPIDITY OFFENDS ME :%$#!:

You would think that  "natural selection" should take its course.  It seems no matter how hard you try to educate people, warn people, be very blunt with people - someone always thinks they are above common sense

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.