The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: st. catherine pike  (Read 1460 times)

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
st. catherine pike
« on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:02 PM »
has anyone caught a pike on lake st. catherine with  any size to it. i've averaged about 8 to 10 a day but they measure beetween 15 to 22 inches. i might start keeping a few of them just to weed them out. i have caught some ok bass though.

Offline FondoFishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: st. catherine pike
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:04 PM »
If we could actually get big bait around here that might solve the problem. My biggest out of st. cats was about 30 inches but I have not fished there very much at all. I know some nice ones come out of there though.

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2010, 08:08 PM »
biggerst one we have took is  that 12 1/2 pounder  my bot got last year did catch a 5 pound brown today and  a few perch 

hunter13

"Grab your rod and git-r-done!"  VERMONT

Offline d3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pay attention as the kids are always watching
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2010, 10:15 PM »
I am not a biologist but catching an average of 8-10 pike a day between 15 and 22 inches I would cull some out if that pond was around here.  WE fish largebait  on almost all our tilts but I can tell you there have been alot of 10-15 lbs fish caught this year on 3-5 inch shiners from other guys that are set up around us doing there own thing. The pike will eat them if they are there and in the right place. This is  Just been my experience with the pike and we ice some good ones every year.  WE do fish catch and release but last year we had a deep hooked fish so we cooked it up and boy I tell you what it was a good meal.  So if you do keep some at least you have a good meal.

D3

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:06 AM »
Deep fried pike in beer batter! With a perch chaser!  :thumbsup:
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

Offline ndunbar27

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "if ya aint fishin then ya aint livin"
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2010, 08:36 PM »
the day following the trout opener i caught a 32 incher out of their but the other 12 i have caught have been between 16-24  nothing special

howws the ice there now after this bull crap rain

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:17 PM »
i just checked tonight, there is 8 inches at my shanty. we only lost an inch. i saw many of shacks blown across the lake, mine included but it didn't go far. i was suprised that there was no water on the ice and my shanty wasn't froze in. there was 1-3 feet of open water around the shore.

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:43 PM »
where abouts on st cathrine were yea heard theres one shanty in parker brook 

hunter13

"Grab your rod and git-r-done!"  VERMONT

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:14 PM »
i fish st. catherine alot in the summer for pike and ive caught alot in the upper teens so there are definetly some big pike in there i just havent figured out how to catch them in the winter time

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2010, 03:51 PM »
fished from 8-11 today, one 4lb bass and one pike 24 1/2 inches. slow for my spot but not bad fish for that lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.