The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Gave it up for the year :(  (Read 2924 times)

Offline PyroZuki

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dip-Dip-Jerk
Re: Gave it up for the year :(
« Reply #30 on: Mar 23, 2013, 12:09 AM »
Hey wingnutty! How's it goin in your house? I hope the new ones are doing wonderful!
My wife had our first at 2:16AM on th 3-21-13!!!

Mrs. Pyro snapped a shot of me and my new little buddy while we were nappin, shortly after birth.

I'm ready for some soft water action, but I feel I'll be pretty busy. I've grown to be alright with that!

Pyro
I live in MT, so when I ain't huntin, I'm fishin!
Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 23, 2013, 12:29 AM »
CUTE!

Our are still in NICU at Community, 2 weeks now.  Our boy will likely be released tomorrow, but our girl may have another 1 week or a bit more.  She had some complications and thankfully, we think she will make a full recovery.  We are staying at the Ronald McDonald house now and are very thankful to have that as an option.  3+ weeks is a long time to be away from home, esp. under these circumstances.

You should really be thankful if you are able to him home right away, our first 2 were out in days, but this time has really given me a lot more perspective on the stress involved for a lot of parents when things don't go quite right.

Offline PyroZuki

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dip-Dip-Jerk
« Reply #32 on: Mar 23, 2013, 12:42 AM »
I wish you all the best, friend! This was our third pregnancy (first two didn't make it to full term due to health issues that aren't compatible with life), so I am extremely thankful for this guy! We were able to take him home after the 24 hour mandatory retention. We've been home for almost six hours, now.

Again, I wish the best for you and your family! Keep me posted, feel free to send me a PM, if y'ant.

Pyro

CUTE!

Our are still in NICU at Community, 2 weeks now.  Our boy will likely be released tomorrow, but our girl may have another 1 week or a bit more.  She had some complications and thankfully, we think she will make a full recovery.  We are staying at the Ronald McDonald house now and are very thankful to have that as an option.  3+ weeks is a long time to be away from home, esp. under these circumstances.

You should really be thankful if you are able to him home right away, our first 2 were out in days, but this time has really given me a lot more perspective on the stress involved for a lot of parents when things don't go quite right.
I live in MT, so when I ain't huntin, I'm fishin!
Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days

Offline Htech77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 23, 2013, 01:01 PM »
Congrats Pyro! He is a blessing!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #34 on: Mar 23, 2013, 05:09 PM »
CUTE!

My daughter who is now 4, was born 10 weeks early and we got to spend 6 weeks with her in the NICU in Missoula.  We also stayed in the RMDH.  Just be aware that they will ask you for a donation (actually give you a bill) for the nights you have stayed.  We had quite a bill at the end of 6 weeks.  We are thankful for what we got from them but would have liked it if they would have been a little more upfront with the fee schedule.  I thankfully had a good job and was able to pay what they asked.  Hope that you get you babies home as soon as you can and in good health!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 23, 2013, 08:15 PM »
They were pretty upfront that they suggest a $25/night fee.  Quite reasonable considering there are dinners 4x week and as much free food as a person can eat.  I think if you told them you couldn't pay the entire bill they wouldn't care at all.  But yeah, 6 weeks adds up in a hurry; course that's better than a $70/night hotel bill plus all the meals:o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.