Author Topic: stinson lake  (Read 1648 times)

Offline snomaker321

• IceShanty Rookie
stinson lake
« on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:19 PM »
anybody been to stinson lake recently. Going up there for the weekend but would like to know what to expect for ice when we get there. Also any good tips for the lake. Never been up there this early in the year usually dont make it until feb so any tips for this time of year would be appreciated.  Thanks

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Re: stinson lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:36 PM »
Heard the fishing has been slow up there but worth the try.

Offline Rainbow1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2008, 03:55 AM »
I'd try straight across from the launch on the opposite shore at the stream mouth.  Let us know how thick the ice is.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2008, 04:26 PM »
I was there today.  I went to the opposite side from the launch where the tributary is.  About 4" of black ice and 4-6" of white ice.  I may go back out there tomorrow morning early.  I missed the prime fishing time in the morning.  It's feast or famine from what I heard from some of the people I talked to.  Some guys were into them all day, all I got was a wind flag.

Offline snomaker321

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2008, 05:46 PM »
We went out last night around 3 and fished till 5. We were of the boat launch to the left where the black marker usually is(I think they pulled it out earlier yesterday) Didn't catch anything but did have a hit jigging. Went out this morning and were the first ones out. Got set up by the damn by around 7:30. Caught a 14" bow on a tip up with corn at 7:45. We were getting ready to leave and only had 2 tip ups left to pull   when bam, up goes the flag on the last one. Rushed over and the line was going off to the side. Pulled up a 17" bow. From what I heard the fishing has been slow this year up there. Plenty of ice most of the lake had 10"-12". Down by the damn about 2' from open water there was 6".

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2008, 07:02 AM »
I do intend on hitting Stinson Lake again soon.  I missed the prime bite time, so I miss what little action was going on.  I do have a feeling though, it's only a matter of time until that lake gets better and better.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:49 AM »
I fished Stinson lake this past Dec and did fairly well. Caught several 14" rainbows and a few very small lakers (had to put those back). Caught the rainbows using red fin shiners and night crawlers in shallow water near the light house along the shore line. Parked off the side of the road, walked over the banken.

Offline squamriverbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2008, 09:41 AM »
I HAVE SEVERAL CUSTOMERS THAT FISH THE LAKE OFTEN, BEST BY THE DAM EARLY. MOSTLY STOCKERS 15 TO 17 INCHERS, STOP BY FOR BAIT. JIMMY

Offline Outdoors_Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2008, 10:05 AM »
Been fishing this lake year round for over 20 years. Best fishing I have found is go left off the boat ramp,big house on a point(sand bar in the summer where the black marker is),go around it to the left,there are 2 small camps,fish anywhere inbetween them. Rainbows in shallow,smallies out about 100 feet,lakers about 150 feet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.