Author Topic: I think I'm set for jigs this season  (Read 903 times)

Offline TeamBlueGear

• Team IceShanty Regular
I think I'm set for jigs this season
« on: Sep 08, 2014, 08:28 PM »
Just put in 2 orders for jigs mostly at FishUSA and Custom Jigs. I think I spent about 130 bucks! My Wife's gonna freak! I stocked up on Lindy Toads, Gill Pills, some glow jigs and a bunch more. I was turned on to these Lindy Toads last year but by that time it was slim pickin's and towards the end of the season. Also grabbed a couple spools of the Trilene Cold Weather line I like before it's gone again. Now off to wally mart to find some smaller but not too small storage boxes for all these little goodies.
Life moves too fast, if you don't stop and look around you just might miss something.....Ferris Buler

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I think I'm set for jigs this season
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2014, 06:16 AM »
yeah, I get nervous when I order jigs and stuff like that. You get a couple of these, a few of those, one or 2 of these and the next thing ya know I'm sleepin on the couch! LOL!

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2014, 07:05 AM »
Spider1; make lemonade, on couch, you don,t wake her at 3 am when you sneak out for the early bite.LOL wire

Offline ADKLakerTaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2014, 11:23 AM »
Lol, just don't let her find out! Get them in your tackle box before she gets home. Mine don't know the difference from what I had and what I've bought.

Hard tell'n, not know'n

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2014, 11:59 AM »
Just ordered some of these for some of my laker & whitefish spoons.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2014, 12:33 PM »
LOL! it won't help. After all these years, nothin I do at 3 am wakes her up any more! LMAO!!!

(just kidding honey)

And I couldn't hide a purchase like that from her, an alarm goes off on facebook every time I use the creditcard  :o  ::)

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2014, 12:38 PM »
bluegear, did you get the toads or the tungsten toads?

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2014, 12:59 PM »
Awesome.

Offline mattkenzer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2014, 01:34 PM »
Different product same outcome.
Told my wife last night I needed to try to find the ice machine bag (only) for my Lowrance Elite 5 Sonar GPS.
She looked at the bag on line and thought that $170.00 was too much money for a back pack. :cookoo: :whistle:

Offline TeamBlueGear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2014, 04:59 PM »
bluegear, did you get the toads or the tungsten toads?

Most of them were tungstens. I think thats the only way you can buy them now. I had lots of luck with the reddish/brown color. I want to try night ice fishing really bad this year so I also ordered a bunch of glow colors.
Life moves too fast, if you don't stop and look around you just might miss something.....Ferris Buler

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2014, 11:17 PM »
you can never have too many jigs. I am getting 30 of the Clam drop jigs and the new Drop XL jigs this year. also picking up one of every size and color of the new Clam Time Bomb Spoons this year. can't wait to get out and use them.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2014, 07:25 AM »
you can get the lead toads direct from Lindy for $2.99 a pair or the sportsmans warehouse for $2.49 a pair but Amazon has 'em for $2.19 a pair. The tungstens are sold about the same price for one per pack. They are worth it though, the smaller sizes drop fast! I think if you buy them 2 in a pack, they are lead. Single packs are tungsten... I think.

Offline TeamBlueGear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2014, 06:51 PM »
you can get the lead toads direct from Lindy for $2.99 a pair or the sportsmans warehouse for $2.49 a pair but Amazon has 'em for $2.19 a pair. The tungstens are sold about the same price for one per pack. They are worth it though, the smaller sizes drop fast! I think if you buy them 2 in a pack, they are lead. Single packs are tungsten... I think.

Last year I had a quick lesson on missing the Perch Pack! My jigs didn't get down fast enough and before I knew it they were gone! Hopefully these will solve that issue

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2014, 09:40 PM »
I like to use the fiskas and custom jigs and spin tungsten.   Clams new lines look good but the price tag to follow. 

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2014, 06:54 AM »
I used my first tungsten jig at the end of last year. A buddy gave me one to try out. It was great, very heavy for a tiny jig and got down fast. Pissed me off when a pickerel stole it! >:(

A lot of the tungsten jigs are powder mixed with epoxy and pressed in a mold. They are only a little heavier than the lead jigs. True tungsten (Wolfram) is heavy. Only thing is, the only way I can find it in bead or bearing form is for flytieng with a a hole through the center, or as a tungsten carbide bearing. I wonder when some smart guy is gonna start cranking out 4 or 5mm wolfram bearrings with a groove cut in it for soldering a hook on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.