Author Topic: Caught a few Tigers by the tail.  (Read 617 times)

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
Caught a few Tigers by the tail.
« on: Dec 04, 2014, 08:44 PM »
Wow what a tough bite today at the Huntington. (Mammoth) Arrived at 8:10 the temperature was 31 degrees. It was lightly snowing. The slush monster is alive and real. Fished the first pull out, the middle of the lake. Ice was 4 inches with about 8 inches of snow. Rubber boots was a must. Best jig was a maniac Gazillia (white). The second top producer was a white gizzy bug below a cast master mage by Maniac custom lures. A lot of lookers very few takers. Had to really tease the ones we caught into striking. The vexlars were a real life saver today. Left at 12:30 Temperature was still 31 degrees. A light frosting snow on the roads. Drove down and took a look at Cleveland don't know how thick the ice was but it is fully capped. Didn't see anyone there fishing it. Come back by Huntington and a couple more guys showed up at the Dam. Parking lot by the Dam was cleared and holds about a dozen vehicles. The upper pull out holds about 5 vehicles.  We also drove home past Scofield. Seen probably 4-5 groups ice fishing the dam canyon. Didn't check the ice thickness a few big open spots in middle of lake. But looks very fishable in other spots. Enjoy the pics.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Caught a few Tigers by the tail.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2014, 10:14 PM »
Looks like a great day happyheber, lots better than mine at work  :-\ looks like you figured the pics out. I like to size mine at 800x600, seems like a good size for the pages here
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icebomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Caught a few Tigers by the tail.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2014, 07:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing the pics. Still waiting for ice and living through pics of other's catches.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.