Author Topic: Causey Reservoir - 01/01/12  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Causey Reservoir - 01/01/12
« on: Jan 01, 2012, 03:00 PM »
Happy New Year... I got a visit from the SKUNK this morning!

Got on the ice around 7:45a and hauled off around 11:30a. Ice was 13" thick everywhere I drilled with only the very first foot or so off the dam being soft. One giant step off the shore puts you solidly on top. Dead calm today w/ bluebird skies.

I had several lookers come flying in on the Vex, but could not entice any of them to hit. Jigging a number of different combo's - spoon w/ dropper, Chubby Darter, Jiggin' Rap, others - in 15-35 FOW.

Here's a view looking east... most of the gang that arrived after me went around this corner (to the right).

Here's a view looking NW off the dam... about a dozen vehicles were there when I left.

Maybe NEXT time I'll actually have some pictures of FISH to share.  ;D

Good recon mission though as I got a good read on how long it takes to get to Causey and Pineview from my house (and South Fork for fly-fishing). I didn't stop by Pineview but the entire bay south of Cemetery Point was frozen, although I didn't see anyone out there as I drove past.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Causey Reservoir - 01/01/12
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2012, 05:31 PM »
That's to bad nothing wanted to cooperate with ya dizzy. Skunk is often associated with causey. Can't beat the scenery up there though. A lot of animals winter there. I'm tryin to get something going for there tomorrow myself. Can't decide put xmas stuff away or fish  ??? Easy answer FISH! Hey were the fish you marked suspended? And if so did it seem like schools or just straglers?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:55 PM »
That's to bad nothing wanted to cooperate with ya dizzy. Skunk is often associated with causey. Can't beat the scenery up there though. A lot of animals winter there. I'm tryin to get something going for there tomorrow myself. Can't decide put xmas stuff away or fish  ??? Easy answer FISH! Hey were the fish you marked suspended? And if so did it seem like schools or just straglers?

The scenery is really beautiful up that valley... I saw a ton of deer this morning, no elk though (still waiting to come across my first elk in Utah).

All marked fish were stragglers (maybe a dozen or so through the morning) and yes - all were suspended (about 16-18 feet down).

Offline Wizzofd69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard Water 2012
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:56 PM »
great pics! looks like a cool spot!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:12 PM »
Thats to bad they were straglers, was hopin maybe they were some schooled kokes and just a little tight lipped  :(
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2012, 10:05 AM »
well done sir!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.