Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 231983 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #3720 on: Dec 03, 2023, 09:01 AM »
Sorry I see I missed the congrats on the buck, nice one good eating there.

Well getting ready to head towards the pool. The bad thing with keeping the front doors is the mount for the top of the doors are wrong and I cannot get a door made for them to fit correctly so need to do it right I guess. I have a place that will get doors front windshield and rear window as a kit. Have the ones I have now but I do not think it will be bad having a spare windshield or rear window as a spare. Have a good one everyone.

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3721 on: Dec 03, 2023, 09:13 AM »
Morning, all

Yeah sounds like whopper and I may have crossed paths before. Retired and doing only the jobs you want to do, that's the sweet spot.

Thanksgiving was good. Food was excellent, nobody got their feelings hurt, and we only had to be there for a couple hours.  Exactly what I hoped for.

Saw a few posts online of people reported 3-4" of ice around the metro in certain pockets, while other places are still totally open. Looking to warm up a bit next week, possibly some rain too. So I'm not gonna trust any ice here for a couple of weeks yet. This time last year I was already fishing😔

The talk of classic firearms has me missing the old .243 I inherented from my father. Remington I believe, circa 1970 something. Don't remember the model. That thing has harvested more good deer than I ever will. Didn't make the move with me a couple years back, and I haven't been hope to bring it with. Long drive MN to VA and back. Y'all ever flown with guns in this post-9/11 world? Any idea what's the cost or hassle? I really don't want to end up on any watch lists, or risk it getting broken/stolen in transit
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3722 on: Dec 03, 2023, 10:01 AM »
As long as you fill out all the paperwork for the airline and have it in a locked case I have heard really easy to fly with a gun even in these days. Ammo has to be separate as well if going. But shipping it is easy as well, as long as you have an FFL dealer that will have it shipped to them. Lucky as my father has his so easy to ship.

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3723 on: Dec 03, 2023, 10:06 AM »
I'll have to look into it. Don't have any personal ties to an FFL here. Slightly concerned as all the firearms are effectively inherited and don't have any kind of paper trail or registrations, afraid that might complicate it for me. I have several I'd like to bring up, cost of shipping /flying them might start approaching the cost of fuel to drive, but at least doesn't cost me a week of time

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3724 on: Dec 03, 2023, 11:28 AM »
I grabbed the card off my deer carcass camera yesterday. There's been some activity.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3725 on: Dec 03, 2023, 11:57 AM »
WS.....great video, love the fisher and eagles  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  VERY surprised by the woodpecker tho  :o ???

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3726 on: Dec 03, 2023, 03:26 PM »
I'm not in any kind of competition with Pat, but I've got my seasonal sourdough bakery up and running for the season!! I'll shut down when it warms up and thoughts turn to the garden! Just out of the oven : banana nut bread!!  @) ;D ;)2 :flex: Everyone stay safe and healthy!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3727 on: Dec 03, 2023, 06:47 PM »
Just got back from chasing some pheasants around for the last day if any birds on the projects. Jumped 2 hens and knocked one down and then blew feathers off a rooster but he flew for a couple miles before he went out of sight and possibly landed. Talked to a couple guys coming off the ice and they said they had caught a few perch amd one small crappie but only about 8 that were dinner sized. Said they were fishing on 4.5 inches of ice and then it started talking and a pressure ridge formed beside them so they said it was time to get off the ice and drive the 5 hours home. But I know they fished the big lake Thursday and caught a couple walleye but said the people moved in and they came for a little more peace and quite. Have a good one everyone.

The hen I got and a couple of the roosters I seen on private property as I was driving between spots. Seen a lot on private just a couple where I hunted.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3728 on: Dec 04, 2023, 05:59 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 29* and cloudy  ::)
                        Marv..............Than ks for sharing the video. :thumbsup: It's surprising to see the different animals coming in. :o
                        Eddie.............One thing is for certain we never really know what we're going to get for snow totals here in the northeast. :woot:
                        Wally.............I'm sure you had the oven cranking baking away. :whistle:
                        Bud...............Safe travels back and forth. :flex:
                        H2l................I too am not a gun collector or trader. Of all the guns I have I only bought one and that's my favorite to hunt with, my 3030 Winchester.
              All the rest were given to me as presents. :whistle:  How did you do on the lanes last night? ???
                        Fish...............It looks like you'll be out ice fishing pretty soon. :flex:
                        Splatty...........From the sound of it, it would be worth the drive. :whistle:
                        Yesterday I went to my neighbors for football Sunday, lots of good eats.
                        My friend called me yesterday and we're not working today, he has a mason coming to stone up behind his wood stove. I could use the rest.
                        I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3729 on: Dec 04, 2023, 06:18 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....hope the lanes treated you well last night  ;)

OS......mmmmm, banana nut bread sounds great right about now with my coffee  :thumbsup:  Michigan marches on  >:D

IW.....nice you getting a little break from working  @)

Eddie.....hope each day finds everyone feeling more like themselves  :)

WS....don't forget to leave some time open on the calendar for fishing open water while you're lining up jobs for spring already  :whistle:

IFF.....hope all is good back at the farm  ;)2

Splatty.....sounds like maybe a road trip is your best bet  :unsure:

FH4.....fingers crossed by next weekend you'll have "safe" ice  :icefish:

Not a lot of baking this year, the FD has already had their Christmas party and the local snowmobile club did a s'mores/roasted marshmallow set up so they didn't really need many cookies  :-\ 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3730 on: Dec 04, 2023, 06:52 AM »
Good morning. 36 * cloudy and a breeze.

WS, thanks for the video, some of everything.

IW, I think the last gun I bought was an In-Line MZ maybe 15 years ago.

The lanes were not good to me last night. We did take 1 point. It was position night and I think we may have moved into a tie for 4th as the team just above us lost all 4.

My "body" was telling me that it is a good thing hunting season closed.

Looks like the rain knocked down the snow up North as the river has come up.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3731 on: Dec 04, 2023, 07:19 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  41* and cloudy here this am, chance of showers with high of 43 today. Picked up a lot of rain here yesterday, no complaints!   ;D

FH4…congrats on the bird hunting, thanks for the pics and letting us tag along with you!  :clap:  Sounds like the ice is right on time, good luck…be safe!  :icefish:
  OS…I can almost smell the banana nut bread…nice touch!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…thanks for sharing the awesome video, that buck surprised me showing up…. ;D  :clap:
  Splatty…sounds like all had a good Thanksgiving.  :thumbsup:  Good luck getting reunited with your guns, several of mine are inherited also. Nice knowing they’re safe and sound.
  H2…better luck next week on the lanes. :thumbsup: 
  Wally…I tested again last night, now we’re all Negative.  Timing was about perfect as I have a procedure tomorrow and a family Christmas get together on Saturday.  :thumbsup:  Good luck to Mr.WW if he’s heading back to deer camp!
  Jeff…enjoy the rest and day off!  :thumbsup:

I see on GMA this morning they’re having the Great Christmas Tree debate..real or artificial?  Chalk up another real  tree here again…. ;D
  Off to see how far we can stretch a buck again, lol….Cawfee’s still hot.
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3732 on: Dec 04, 2023, 03:06 PM »

My brother said "you walked in, you can walk out"....h2l
Northville, NY

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3733 on: Dec 04, 2023, 03:52 PM »
    DID YOU????? :woot: :roflmao: ;)2 :whistle: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3734 on: Dec 04, 2023, 06:29 PM »
You know it's a good one when you have to get out the tractor for it

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3735 on: Dec 04, 2023, 08:08 PM »
You know it's a good one when you have to get out the tractor for it

The side by side was blocked in the barn, but when you are "old" you improvise...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3736 on: Dec 04, 2023, 09:16 PM »
 Good evening ,dry today after receiving rain for most of Sunday. high temperature today was in the mid-forties .
Whopper Stopper glad you and the girls had a safe trip and got everything accomplished. I sure you all enjoyed the porterhouse steaks yesterday. Thank you for the video quite a few animals feeding on the deer carcass Ice Wanderer glad Home depot had a replacement track in stock for the sliding door . may things go better when you install the other doors. Freezing and thawing is never good for unpaved graded driveways.
Eddie good to read the last covid tests showed everyone as negative, Best to you tomorrow with the procedure. may the weather be good on Saturday so everyone can attend the family Christmas event.
Hunts2long thank you for the photo good that you had a few pieces of equipment at your disposal to transport your deer . May things be better for you next week at the bowling alley .
Wallyworld thank you for the baking report. Guess you will have a little more free time this Holiday season with the reduced time spent baking.
OldSailor enjoy your Holiday/Winter baking hard to beat home baked breads .
Splattypus if a good amount of time has past since you last saw your relatives in Virginia make the trip to see them and retrieve your firearm collection .
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for sharing the hunting photos. looks like you will be ice fishing soon if there are no extended warm spells .
IFF safe travel wished for you and best in harvesting a buck once you get back to Missouri .

Everyone stay safe do your best to keep healthy. best wished for all fishing and hunting .
   Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3737 on: Dec 05, 2023, 04:36 AM »

Good morning ER's.
                          It's 25* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          H2l............Sorry to read that your night on the lanes weren't the best. :blink: Yeah the Hudson River is high here too. :whistle:
                          Eddie ........I'm glad that you all have tested negative and that you can go forward with your procedure. :thumbsup:
                          Steve.........We had light rain on and off yesterday but changed over to some snow just before dark, it didn't accumulate. :blink:
                          Wally......... You could keep baking and send us some of your delicious treats. :roflmao:
                          Fish...........Four or five inches is enough ice for me. :woot:
                          OS.............Banana Nut bread sounds good to me. :clap:
                          I spoke too soon yesterday morning, my friend called me to see if I was available, of course I was. We tried putting the doors in the downstairs
                 and when we got to the second door it would knock the first door off the track. So we went to my house to call the guy that built the doors for some
                 input, right off the bat he gave him a number of the track he should have been using. Doh, you would have thought that he would have told him about
                 this when he ordered the doors. ??? Or better yet have some in stock and sold them to him. We had to order them directly from the manufactory. Then
                we started on the bifold door.
                          I have therapy this morning.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3738 on: Dec 05, 2023, 06:33 AM »
29* and cloudy.

IW, your "On-Call" help service seems to be doing well. If you lived closer, I would put you on a "retainer". I am not very "handy". I guess that was why I was a Switch Tech and not a Repairman for the phone company.

Went up and had a nice visit with the nephew yesterday afternoon. He is always so busy and we got to set and talk for awhile. He happened to mention again that he has an "eye" on a new gun but I happen to own it right now. It is a Marlin 39A .22 that I bought in late 60's. I shot a lot of squirrels with that gun. I told him it is going to "stay" in the family. He has just 1 year left at the prison and he will retire.

Mr. C, my nephew has a lot of equipment, he does landscaping, firewood, snow removal, Sugar House, NO kids, etc.

Not much planned for today, be well...h2l

Not much planned for today
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3739 on: Dec 05, 2023, 07:47 AM »
Morning all,

IW....your neighbor is very lucky to have you around to help out  :bow: :thumbsup: :flex:

H2L.....the best thing about working corrections is the retirement  ;)2

Eddie......best wishes today with your procedure  :)

WS.....have you recovered from the steak "coma" yet  :woot:

MrC.....we received a dusting of snow overnight, on top of the inch or so of rain Sunday  ::)

My laptop and I are NOT getting along this morning  :%$#!: hoping a reboot helps  :unsure:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3740 on: Dec 05, 2023, 10:56 AM »
The ice was thick enough for me as well, just not enough time to spend on it so I went hunting instead and walked on it a bit, kind of wished I had taken some gear so I could have set some tip-ups let the kids watch and then chased the pheasants around, could have maybe had some birds and fish come home.  Maybe this weekend will be out for a bit, still got a lot going on that is keeping me off the ice all weekend but hopefully that changes soon.

Well better get back to work, have a great Tuesday everyone and Eddie hope the procedure went well.  Hope all the projects and things get accomplished and everyone heals up good for the ice fishing season.  Safe ice everyone.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3741 on: Dec 05, 2023, 11:11 AM »
Michigan bound

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3742 on: Dec 05, 2023, 12:52 PM »
Michigan bound

Yum!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3743 on: Dec 05, 2023, 08:56 PM »
 Good evening, sunny and dry here today not sure of the day's high temperature. Given the talk about firearms here the past few days passing this news onto all of you Rem Arms. formerly Remington is or has already closed it's factory ending a long history of firearm production. I have to get myself moving and start sending out Christmas cards and finish my gift shopping.
Ice Wanderer may it have been a good therapy session for you today . your neighbor not having the best of luck with the sliding door installation may the company who produced the doors have the proper track for them in stock and he receive it quickly once the order has been placed. may the bi-fold door job be problem free for the two of you.
Hunts2long looks like your nephew has himself setup for life once he retires from being a corrections officer . i can see how he is a busy man with all the different businesses .
Wallyworld as usual the cookies look great nice job on the decorating. Your granddaughter will enjoy them as a snack when studying for her first semester finals . may you have the laptop issue resolved.
Fish/hunt4ever enjoy the early ice out your way. may you and the family have a good first trip whenever it happens this season.
Eddie may today's procedure have gone well and you be resting comfortably this evening .
Whopper Stopper i agree with your comment on Wallyworld's cookies. I assume the tree you cut is now up and possibly decorated for Christmas.

Have a good night everyone .best to all fishing and hunting.
   Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3744 on: Dec 06, 2023, 05:38 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 20* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         H2l...........When I'm done with my friend and my shoulder is better than it is, I'd be happy to run over to help you. :whistle:
                         Eddie........I hope your procedure went well and you recovery from it is a quick one. :flex:
                         Wally........Your granddaughter is one lucky girl. :thumbsup:
                         Fish..........With ice like that, I'd be tempted to call in sick. :woot:
                         Marv.........May your tree be up and decorated? :unsure:
                         Steve.......I too am behind on getting Christmas cards out, Maybe today. :blink:
                         Well the bifold doors were easy to get the hinges on, but when we looked at the directions and the quality of the parts I questioned if they
                 would be strong enough for the doors. The directions said they would hold 40 lbs. I went home and got my scale, the doors weigh 50 lbs. so we
                 went back to my place and looked up some heavy duty hardware and he picked out a barn door type bifold system. We're on hold but he has other
                 work to do until the come in.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3745 on: Dec 06, 2023, 08:10 AM »
28* and light snow.

My brother wants to finish cutting my deer up today, so heading up there in a few.

Eddie, hope all went well.

IW, thanks for the offer. Maybe we should wait until about late June, the walleyes should be biting then.

WW, cookies look great.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3746 on: Dec 06, 2023, 08:59 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....Remington Arms is closing in March after 217 years, putting lots of people out of work  :'(

Eddie.....fingers crossed you're resting comfortably this morning  :)

IW.....sounds like the usual " let's sell the consumer the cheapest parts at the highest price"  ::)

H2L.....hope the remaining butchering goes well  ;)

A fresh dusting of snow this morning, close to 60* by Sunday  :o :cookoo:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3747 on: Dec 06, 2023, 10:11 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

30 degrees guessers claim it will crawl to 44 by the afternoon. Supposedly we will flirt with 50 the next couple of days.

Eddie... Hope all went well :thumbsup:

mr.clean...The tree goes up Friday.

IW...Glad you were able to order some heavier hinges. Sounds like you guys are on top of things.

WW... your weather is like ours except we started out on the fast track of getting ice before it petered out :cookoo:

I put my auger holder on my ATV this morning along with the tire chains. About the only reason I did was because it was on my list ??? Hopefully things will turn around and we can get some ice. I have to get the tires on my pickup rotated in a couple of hours. I also need a tire TPMS sensor put on as I am tired of the message coming on all the time.

Time to vent a bit.....It seems this year tipping has reached new heights, or I have just been living under a rock, which is possible. Yesterday I went to a meat market to get a gift card. I told the guy I wanted a gift card for $40. He typed in some BS then spun the monitor around for me to see my purchase. Of course, there was the $40, and the normal swipe fee being I was using a credit card, but there was also a choice of 4 boxes with tip amounts if I so desired. It came with the $5 tip prefilled ??? I asked what this $5 tip was all about and was told that most give a tip for services rendered. I said, "All you did was give me a damn gift card". The guy said "yeah, but I got to you right away".  I was the only customer in the store :cookoo: I told him he could keep his gift card for the meat, keep his swipe fee and especially stick the gratuity chart up his &%$, and walked out. I have to say that ticked me off :%$#!: Oh, and by the way,I am still waiting for the Walmart Christmas party for those of us that are basically forced to use the self-checkout :%$#!:

Have a good "Hump Day"  :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3748 on: Dec 06, 2023, 12:28 PM »
Hello friends   

Well played sounds like me as I sit here at library seems internet suspended and maybe phone and uverse tv and the balance due is zero       ice still holding on but have not got in another trip in

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3749 on: Dec 06, 2023, 08:59 PM »
 Good evening, colder here today period of snow this morning did not stick or amount to anything.  Prayers for those killed and injured in the shooting at university of Nevada Las Vegas .  Like others warmer temperatures coming by this weekend.
Ice Wanderer your friend can not catch a break lately with his projects at the cabin. Sorry to read the bi-fold door kit included the wrong hinges to hang the door. Good that he has other projects to work on while waiting for the proper parts to install the sliding and bi-fold  doors. nice of you to offer your assistance to Hunts2long.
Hunts2long may your deer be butchered and packaged enjoy the various venison meals.
Wallyworld thank you for the information on Rem Arms/Remington . I did not realize they were a NY. based manufacturer until I read the article. May you not have received to much snow today. Best to Mr.WW if he is at hunting camp.
Whopper Stopper may all have gone well with the tire rotation on your truck. have fun putting up and decorating the tree this Friday. Way to keep a positive attitude may you get to use the 4 wheeler this ice fishing season. Your incident at the meat store reminds me of a trip my sister's class took to NYC while she was in elementary school years. Part of the trip included lunch at a restaurant when checks arrived tips had been included in the bill this caused a problem as the students were told lunch would cost a certain amount and with the included tips bill was now over that said amount. I guess if certain business sectors add charges to purchase prices and no one complains other businesses adopt these charges to their practice. I try to pay with cash when possible to avoid any swipe and other credit card charges.
Old goat may you get things corrected with your service provider so you get everything restored without a long wait . may your mother be doing weel at her nursing facility.
Eddie hope you were not in to much pain today best wished as your recover from this procedure.

keep safe,stay healthy. best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.