Author Topic: strictly business tournament bust  (Read 889 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
strictly business tournament bust
« on: Feb 23, 2010, 04:51 PM »
well things didn't turn out as planned......every year we pull some big bass from our favorite spot in the lakes region......however, 3 full days of ice fishing only produced 16 bass and not one tipped the scales over 4.....frustrating season...if it was pickeral deal we surely would of pulled the grand prize......i bet in the 3 days we caught over 150 picks and a number of perch.....sounds like i am complaining, but for all the time and effort that goes into fishing this place i thought we could of pulled one big one.......it was still alot of fun and yesterday was a beautiful day to fish....well, after 10 am when the wind finally blew itself out....here's a look.....nothing too spectacular, but a few decent smallies in the 3 pound range.....

P.S......mrs. heater will be changing her screen name to grimace-MC D.......because of her new purple coat.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: strictly business tournament bust
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Grimace. Oh man thats a good one.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:17 PM »
I think she'd prefer Mrs Heater  ;)

Jibbs, Did you guys fish the same area on Monday or did you move? One of the pictures looks like you might have been in that back cove? (no houses)

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:43 PM »
jibbs how do you like that hand heater you have around your waist there?  my wife gave me the same thing for xmas, but i haven't tried it out yet...

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:44 PM »
yeh we set up in the back cove on sunday and caught our biggest largies of the weekend......might have try that area out again next year......monday we moved over to where rich and the boys were at, but out.....i really wanted to set up where we left off on saturday and where the other guys were at.......i just couldn't pull the trigger....i really wanted to get over the other area...oh well........let me know what you think about the ice for the weekend....
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:46 PM »
jibbs how do you like that hand heater you have around your waist there?  my wife gave me the same thing for xmas, but i haven't tried it out yet...
i love it....i bought it out of the bargain cave at cabelas....10 bucks or so......i like it because my hands always seem like they are wet....i use the outside to wipe them off and the inside to keep them toasty....my gloves are so worn out it was nice to have warm hands over the weekend......also great when picking up at the end of the day or even setting up for that matter

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:55 PM »
let me know what you think about the ice for the weekend....

I'll be in Maine on Sunday, but it would be nice to hook up with you and the crew on Saturday? Let me know  ;)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2010, 06:07 PM »
I'll be in Maine on Sunday, but it would be nice to hook up with you and the crew on Saturday? Let me know  ;)
i don't know......there's talk that we might be done...i hate late ice.....i know the fishing can be incrediable, but i would rather go on skinny early ice then late ice.....i guess i will see what people are saying on friday about the ice around here

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2010, 06:09 PM »
i don't know......there's talk that we might be done...i hate late ice.....i know the fishing can be incrediable, but i would rather go on skinny early ice then late ice.....i guess i will see what people are saying on friday about the ice around here

I hear ya...I'll give ya a call on Friday and see what you think? ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.