The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: IS WESTERN GET-TOGETHER.  (Read 11839 times)

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
Re: IS WESTERN GET-TOGETHER.
« Reply #30 on: Oct 08, 2007, 09:54 AM »
If you can get an ice house it would be good to have as the wind tends to blow just a little..Also good for night fishing..I think your allowed 3 poles or maybe its six on boysen..I'm sure mooter can tell ya. Dont forget your camera ;D

6 all the way. 

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Oct 20, 2007, 08:33 PM »
Wish I could join in on the fun . If dang fuel wasn't so outrageous .I still try to find a way to fish with you guys . How can a guy fish with 6 poles ? I struggle with 2 rods on some waters .
Utah Ice

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #32 on: Oct 20, 2007, 09:10 PM »
Mostly we run 5 tip-ups and fish with a jigging pole. Trick is to drill your holes all in a row, but far enough apart, then position your jigging hole where  you're not looking into the sun so you can see your "Flag!!"    :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:            Oh man, I'm getting worked up! C'mon ICE!!!!  ;D :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup:
                                                       LT/ICE  :callcops:

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Oct 22, 2007, 01:51 PM »
I have it all backwards..I only have 1 tip-up.. got five poles though..Well, at least till I put them all in the holes and a bruiser takes one with him..I better buy some tip-ups. Its just so much more fun catching fish on a pole.

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #34 on: Oct 23, 2007, 07:39 AM »
hear, hear, rodrunner!  a man of my ilk.  if you have the 6-line regulation, though, it's pretty easy to make a tip-up out of a rod by just leaving the bail open with some kind of indicator on it (bobber or a bell), so when a fish takes your bait, you just run over and set the hook.  then you can fight it like it was meant to be fought - with a rod.   

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Oct 23, 2007, 08:53 PM »
Right on brother...hence the name rodrunner ;D..you going to boysen for the winter get together.There might be a beer or two drank at that event. you kill an elk yet?

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #36 on: Oct 24, 2007, 07:46 AM »
i think we might show up.  as for the elk, it's a no go so far.  but i should be able to bag a cow at least as we get into the migration season. 

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Oct 24, 2007, 10:33 AM »
Hey I'd like to head north and meet you guys.   I'll bring some Denver boys along who know how to ice fish Boysen also.  We usually go on MLK weekend which is a week b4 the tourney.  Maybe can adjust to go week later!  Here's a pic of me at Boysen dam on October 13th 2007. Fished only 2 hours and threw many back. My favorite open water spot:

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Oct 24, 2007, 10:44 AM »
Fishslayer you are more than welcome to attend the western hookup.  We will be there the last weekend in January and I'm planning on heading to Fremont bay because of the kick a$$ fishing and the accessibility to the ice.

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Oct 24, 2007, 09:09 PM »
Dont leave me out guys. I just pulled my jigs out this morning. Hope its going to be an early year.

bill

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Oct 25, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Dont leave me out guys. I just pulled my jigs out this morning. Hope its going to be an early year.

bill

hey bill you rollin over there too?

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Oct 27, 2007, 12:48 AM »
I will definitely be out there that weekend because a guy that I grew up with is going to be here for some fishing. Most likely I be at the sisters fishing the trees but you never know where the fish will be. Nothing is ever set in stone. I cant wait for ice fishing time. My team leaves for Vegas for the World Firefighter Combat Challenge here in a week. We've taken 2nd once and 3rd twice this year at the regional events so I'm hoping we are in the top ten in the world this year. Wish us luck. Go team Casper Fire. Once this is all done its time to put all my time into ice fishing.

Bill Bohman

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #42 on: Oct 27, 2007, 06:37 AM »
Bill,
     Good luck to you and your team at the World Firefighter Challenge. I already can tell by my schedule I will not be able to make it.  Good luck to everyone at Mooters Boysen Western ice fishing extravaganza! I want to see pictures when everyone gets back.
                                                                    BI 

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #43 on: Oct 27, 2007, 11:13 AM »
Most likely I be at the sisters fishing the trees but you never know where the fish will be.

Bill Bohman

Well Bill, if you do half as well this year at the trees, you'll be twice as good as the rest of us...end of last season the Dogg and I were out there and he's pulling in 3X the perch as me. After about 6 hours, he says, "I must be in the trees (I was not in the trees and knew I was not.) "Why you say that?" I asked. "Oh," he said, "all this stuff on the sonar that ain't moved the whole time I been sittin' here."  :roflmao:

This year, I have my GPS and I WILL...lock it in on the trees  at the Sisters  ;D

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Oct 27, 2007, 08:06 PM »
I will definitely be out there that weekend because a guy that I grew up with is going to be here for some fishing. Most likely I be at the sisters fishing the trees but you never know where the fish will be. Nothing is ever set in stone. I cant wait for ice fishing time. My team leaves for Vegas for the World Firefighter Combat Challenge here in a week. We've taken 2nd once and 3rd twice this year at the regional events so I'm hoping we are in the top ten in the world this year. Wish us luck. Go team Casper Fire. Once this is all done its time to put all my time into ice fishing.

Bill Bohman
Good luck Bill..I've heard about you guys..I'm a FF at sheridan fire/rescue.Hopefully we cen hook up at the Boysen get together..Keep in touch we'll do some fish'n.. later, Jason

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Oct 28, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Thanks everyone for their support. We hope to do Wyoming proud. The girl on our team Jen has a chance to be #3  or higher in the world. she was fifth last year. But I still cant wait until its cold enough to stand on some water.  Hope to all see you on the ice this year. I'll be the guy in the big blue ice armor suit.

Thanks again.

Bill Bohman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.