Author Topic: Great Day on BIP!  (Read 725 times)

Offline bngalloNHVTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Great Day on BIP!
« on: Mar 12, 2014, 04:29 PM »
Hey guys,

So today I went out with Treeguymark and Fishfinder to BIP. Arrived around 9 and had traps set up soon after. The action was steady for most of the morning as I landed two bass, Fishfinder had a nice crappie and a few perch, and Mark had a few nice crappie as well! Dispy (Tom) showed up around 11 and  man does this guy know how to fish! He brought out his Vex and he showed us a few jigging tactics! It was a lot of fun! Throughout the rest of the day things started to slow down when the front moved in. I caught two pickerel and a sunfish .and Mark caught another Perch and a big crappie! (probably closing in around 2lbs!)

Thanks for a great day! Fishfinder it was a pleasure meeting you! And a big shout out to Tom and the gang at BIP . I hope to get out again soon!

Ben

PS sorry I don't have any of the pics. Mark and Fishfinder feel free to post your pics to this!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Great Day on BIP!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2014, 04:32 PM »
Glad you guys got out. Must have been wet out there.  :tipup:
Salmonemia

Offline bngalloNHVTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2014, 04:37 PM »
It wasn't too bad! We left when the rain started to pick up (around 2-2:30). Still had a lot of good ice!

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2014, 04:49 PM »
Looks like a fun day bip is a great place i cant wait for the front to move off to hammer the  trout.nice work guys :thumbsup:

Offline Fishfinder81

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good luck to anyone who wets a line
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:02 PM »
Very fun day! Didnt catch a ton but learned alot. Mark with the couple fish you left on the ice early i couldn't believe it when u dropped that pig crappie back down the hole. Lol biggest crappie I've seen to date.Thx for inviting me out ill fish with you anytime the wife allows lol.Anyone looking to learn alittle and sit around talkin stories go see Tom aka dispy at BIP outdoors for some wonderful hospitality. Thx for all the tips dispy on ecology, water temps, and stream/river cfs. I will be using all the info in the future to catch more fish! That vex was fun too never used one of those before.
Tight lines to all!

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:10 PM »
all of my fish went down the hole !!! its a rare occurrence i keep a fish and my total was 6 crappie and that lone perch for the day !and it was a pleasure to fishwith you 2 i enjoyed takeing ya s to dispys school of fishing !! any time you want to get on cobbetts fishfinder  let me know i ll take ya to class there to !lol 
fishin is my mission !!

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:14 PM »
wasnt wet at all ! and if you can figure out how to get my pics off of fbook ben feel fre to post them! i can find my way to the fish good just cant navigate these comuter things ! ;D
fishin is my mission !!

Offline Fishfinder81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:21 PM »
Thx man was just joshin ya because that crappie was so big. I would love to go to cobbetts let me know so i can pawn the kid off to gramma. And we will have ourselves a day. Chasing flags wants to go to BIP on Saturday so i think that's where we'll be. Again thx for takin me out i really enjoyed the day. And boy do we have timing stayed dry the whole time and left promptly as the rain came in
Tight lines to all!

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:33 PM »
ill have to check with the wife for saturday ?? got know kids and i think she wants to get outta town for the day .....hmm maybe a trip to cabelas or ktp ???? :whistle: :whistle:
fishin is my mission !!

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:55 PM »
   Ben I'm glad you and Mark had a great day on BIP. Mark your on a roll with that huge pickerel Saturday and now a obese crappie, way to go.
John

Offline Fishfinder81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Brownbag definitly welcome we will be fishing that cove again pickin up bait at good old BIP outdoors hope to see ya. Uh oh mark checkin with the wife? My how the tables have turned
Tight lines to all!

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2014, 06:38 PM »
Congrats guys on turning what looked to be a miserable day into a good one.  @)

Offline treeguymark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:15 PM »
haha that was a joke to you fishfinder !! if i dont get my shack off canobie tommorow ill be doin it sat !! needs to get off  not likeing this rain ill be out at it first thing in the morning gettin it ready to go !  might be sending out an ice shanty sos in the mornin if i need to !lol
fishin is my mission !!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Sounds like good times
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.