Author Topic: Beach pond 2/19/10  (Read 1118 times)

Offline woodstock60

• Team IceShanty Regular
Beach pond 2/19/10
« on: Feb 20, 2010, 02:36 PM »
ShortSeason and Quagmire ventured to beach pond to attempt the night bite. one good flag after dark for a nice brown, maybe 1.5#. no other flags at all.   lots of open water in the middle, otherwise we had 10"  of ice. I hope its not my last trip but it may be.   Quag

Offline Cold Ice Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Conserve and protect the environment
Re: Beach pond 2/19/10
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2010, 03:59 PM »
Hi Quag
Nice try...only tried fishing at night once back in 65/66 with my friend don..we left our tilts out all night and never got a flag! boy those tilts were froze in bad ;D. I was
16 years old...
sounds like Wordens is about done for this year
Cya on the cold ice
Steve
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't care and the people that do don't matter.

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2010, 06:11 PM »
i went to barbers after work last night about 12;30 to 2 am got one pic and a perch and brokeoff once

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2010, 08:49 PM »
Great report Quaq. Always wondered about this pond. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Hardwaterhank

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2010, 02:31 PM »
Hey quag and mr ink took the ride down south this morning solo had to go first one there got 13 flags first two hours two picks all short drops finally got the perch out of my end hole on the jig next two hours two wind flags. The jig wasn't bad had fun 4 whites 8 yellows only one was to small to keep. Started to feel terrible picked up at twelve just made it home wife had the flu the last to days now I know how she feels.  Any ways tossed the fish in the river feel like I'm going to die, over 10 inches of good stuff still snow on it

Offline SHORTSEASON

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2010, 03:15 PM »
Great report Quaq. Always wondered about this pond. Thanks for sharing.
This pond can be a fish factory. Although you would never know it with that sadlooking picture of a half frozen fish stick Im holding. NIGHT FISHING WAS A BLAST! You need special tackle for sure. I dont think fanning the ice with a Q-beam is the best way to go though. Reflective flags a huge moon and tilt lights for sure would help. I beleive the bass bite at night to,dont really know yet. SS
--NON STOP FISHN'

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.