The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Walker lake 2-16  (Read 1552 times)

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
Walker lake 2-16
« on: Feb 03, 2014, 04:06 PM »
Just a reminder of the spud memorial coming up soon. This is a very special event in memory of a well known Shanty member to raise money for two of the things he loved.. kids and conservation. See the PA ice fishing events section
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=25473.msg2759104#msg2759104

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Walker lake 2-16
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:56 AM »
Getting excited about this for the coming weekend. Sounds like we'll have lots of support.

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. ICE FISHING TEAM.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:21 AM »
I will be there as long as im still not sick. Got it good today so i see lots of rest today. Definitely dont wanna miss this!!!!!
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

Offline miller time

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:39 AM »
Please guys don't forget! Look forward to seeing many of you!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2014, 08:59 AM »
I called the PFBC maintenance manager for that area... he is going to try and get down there and see if the entrance can be plowed or if it's packed down to bad.. the road in is actually the township there.. but they never plow it.

Offline miller time

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:53 AM »
Skip is checking into that as well Greg... So hopefully i will know something more by the end of the day  ???

Offline isthereiceyet89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "the Green Hornet strikes again!!!"
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2014, 01:41 PM »
Just got back from the lake road and parking lot plowed!  :clap: :thumbsup:Now who do we have to bug to get faylor plowed lol.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2014, 01:46 PM »
Oh that's great! Now if this snowstorm misses us Weds. and Thursday we'll be golden!! Golden SPUD BAR that is!! :thumbsup:

Offline pchunter1231

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2014, 02:16 PM »
I am thinking about hitting Walker this Saturday for a little.  I wont fish Faylor after this spring when i was there.  I reported to the Fish commission that the day i was there the water had a bad odor i saw turtles gasping for air and dying.  The sunfish i did catch were jet black except for the orange part of the belly.  I set my minnie bucket in the water and 5 minutes later 3 doz fat heads all dead.  From what i was told there was raw sewage leaking into the lake that they finally found.  I dont know how true that is though.  Good luck everyone

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2014, 03:37 PM »
I am thinking about hitting Walker this Saturday for a little.  I wont fish Faylor after this spring when i was there.  I reported to the Fish commission that the day i was there the water had a bad odor i saw turtles gasping for air and dying.  The sunfish i did catch were jet black except for the orange part of the belly.  I set my minnie bucket in the water and 5 minutes later 3 doz fat heads all dead.  From what i was told there was raw sewage leaking into the lake that they finally found.  I dont know how true that is though.  Good luck everyone

OMFG LMFAO^^^^^ good way to keep people off faylor i like your thinking!!!!!!!
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

Offline chukkrok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Does anyone know the times for the spud tourney,, ie... registration?? fishing times?? I didn't  see anything that mentions details ,  in the events section,  I am hoping to make it down sunday...

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:20 PM »
Registration 6-9 event runs from 7-1!!!! Hope to see you there!!

Offline chukkrok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2014, 03:09 PM »
Thanks bud, planning on making it down...

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2014, 03:21 PM »
 I wanted to update on a couple things we are going to be doing at the SPUD memorial. Freds familly has made a cash donation to our event, to use as we please, so here is what I/we came up with; We are going to buy beer for all of FREDS freinds............

No, just jking.

We will award $50 to  someone who knows what FREDS proudest moment was = write your answer on a 3x5 index card and drop it in the bucket so marked, we'll pull at random and give $50 to the first correct answer= lets not share answers, but a hint is that the answer is public record and the answer is somewhere on this site ;).
Next we will award $25 for the largest gloden shinner and $25 for the largest bullhead catfish (not channel) caught on tournament day.
And finally, we will award three $50 cash prizes by random drawing from all those present and entered in the event.....
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2014, 03:23 PM »
Perfect!!

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2014, 03:55 PM »

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:18 AM »
Hopefully the coming storm doesn't dump to much snow for us!

Offline miller time

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2014, 12:45 PM »
Just saw 4-8 inches for up there.... Hope someone goes and plows it again.... at any rate see you all sunday!

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2014, 09:35 PM »
I have off on Sunday.  Going to try to make it out, if only for a while.  Want to see some old friends, and to remember Fred.
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:45 AM »
Ended up getting 8-10" of snow.

Offline miller time

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:08 AM »
barf... oughta be fun trekkin in the snow to get to your spot  >:(

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:20 AM »
The PFBC is plowing the road in and only a portion of the parking lot again today so it is accessible for this Sunday especially for those in cars without 4 wheel drive. See you there!

Offline rtibbs48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 14, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Stopped by the lake this morning, The road and parking lot are plowed.(Large area plowed) ;D. Very windy, hope it blows some of snow off the lake.There is a good 8"or 9" on top of the ice.They plowed to launch but pushed the snow down toward the ice.see everyone Sunday, good luck. Roy.Ps, stopped by the Wiggly worm bait shop, They a very good supply bait. Said they would be open early Sunday.   

Offline rtibbs48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 14, 2014, 02:36 PM »
sorry, but they are calling for another 2"to 4" of snow tonight.See Ya Roy.

Offline rtibbs48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 14, 2014, 02:45 PM »
I picked one of the new maps that boatnik completed, very nice, If anyone would like to take a look. Look me up on  Sunday. Roy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 14, 2014, 03:37 PM »
Stopped by the lake this morning, The road and parking lot are plowed.(Large area plowed) ;D. Very windy, hope it blows some of snow off the lake.There is a good 8"or 9" on top of the ice.They plowed to launch but pushed the snow down toward the ice.see everyone Sunday, good luck. Roy.Ps, stopped by the Wiggly worm bait shop, They a very good supply bait. Said they would be open early Sunday.
He called me back after it was done (and after I posted the above message) and said they did most of it, and said they even did around the launch and handicap area where there is blacktop so we can set up there. Kudo's to the PFBC and their maintenance crew!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.