Author Topic: Eskimo Caravan ?  (Read 9275 times)

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Home of the Free !!!!!!!!
Eskimo Caravan ?
« on: Jun 14, 2007, 10:19 AM »
I have a chance to purchase a used Eskimo Caravan shelter. It is in new condition for $150.00. Asking for any pro's or con's on this shelter. Anybody used one and how do you like it?

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
Re: Eskimo Caravan ?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2007, 11:39 AM »
I have an eskimo quick flip 1. I like it a lot for the few times I've used it. I didnt get it untill march 07.The price sounds good. I'd buy it.                     Ron
Bobberstop

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2007, 06:07 AM »
He thought it was the Caravan, but it is the Quick Flip III. Still looks like a good deal. I believe I will get it ;D

Offline HARDWATER IOWAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2007, 09:39 PM »
I have a Quick Flip III. I love it its a little heavy but its great to have 3 people plus all vexi's and cameras and ice stixs. Last year it was so windy that all my pipes actually bent. I dont know if anyone else has had any problems? I've never heard of any. So if someone has any idead on how to fix it id aprreciate it. Other than that $150 id buy it right now, sounds like a great deal!!!! Ive had mine for 2 yrs. and love it!!!!

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2007, 06:13 PM »
H I, this one is 2 years old. I pick it up this coming saturday. Wow, bent the poles.  :o I see you can order new poles from ardisam. I was looking for something for 3 of us when the wife wants to go. Ordered a new Strikemaster Mag 2000 and it should be here next week ;D

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2007, 08:17 AM »
Got the QF III set up and let me say, "It is huge" ;D This will work out great for the 3 of us. Alot of room for 3 adults. Now I am looking for the travel cover for it. Everyone is out. Have to order one thru the company. If someone knows of someone or someplace that has one, please contact me 8). I think I am going to order some more support poles for the roof and back, that way if it is windy the might be less chance of pole bending.

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Got everything ordered thru the company and will be picking up the new travel cover and support poles the first week in Sept. We will be fishing up in WI right near the company and they said I could stop in and pick them up. 8) This will really help with support if the wind picks up ;D

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's called Leinenkugels and it means Great Beer!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 22, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I have the Grand Caravan and I love it. It's a little bit of a load in heavy snow, but as soon as you can drive out or if theres not much snow it's awesome for having a few guys and gear in the same shack. I'm going to have mine for a while yet, but I think this season I'll be adding a 1 man flip over to my arsenal. ;D Over all for what it is $150 is a great price, I bought mine new/floor model for $300 and thought I was getting a good deal!!!

Nick.

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline HARDWATER IOWAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2007, 11:56 PM »
Walleyes4*U- here in central Iowa at Sportsman Warehouse they always have at least 10 all winter long.You could check with them or I will keep you updated when......... "ITS TIME"!!!! Also, thanks for the heads up on the support poles. Im going to try and fix them myself. I think EMT conduit will work?......what do you think?

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2007, 07:06 AM »
Walleyes4*U- here in central Iowa at Sportsman Warehouse they always have at least 10 all winter long.You could check with them or I will keep you updated when......... "ITS TIME"!!!! Also, thanks for the heads up on the support poles. Im going to try and fix them myself. I think EMT conduit will work?......what do you think?

I picked up the clips and a stud for the back support pole that runs up and down. I drilled 2 new holes in the sled and put 1 supprt pole on each side. I also added extra spreader roof poles. It is beefed up now. I went to my local hardware store to get the aluminum conduit for poles. Now I am working on the LED 12V lighting.  Just added the battery box with a toggle switch to turn the lights on and off.

Offline HARDWATER IOWAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 02, 2007, 08:12 PM »
how are you running your lights i might try something like that this year

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 02, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Sounds like your about all set now for a good winter of Ice.  I've got the Quick Flip 2 and love the bench seat but may take it out as its 20lbs. extra for this old man to pull around.

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 03, 2007, 05:42 AM »
how are you running your lights i might try something like that this year

I picked up a plastic trailer battery box to put a vex battery and mounted it to the bench frame. Gonna mount the 4" Led backup lights to a spreader pole that will be removeable if I am night going to night fish. I will get some pics up when I get done. Still picking up a few odd and end pieces needed.

Oldbear, we need to hook up sometime. I only live a few miles north of you I believe

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 03, 2007, 06:45 AM »
Lights are on my to do list.  It would be nice to see how you did that. Could you post pictures when you are done or email me some?

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 03, 2007, 07:00 AM »
Lights are on my to do list.  It would be nice to see how you did that. Could you post pictures when you are done or email me some?

Can do, will let you know  ;)

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 03, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Remember its us against the fish.  I need to all the help I can get.

Offline walleyes4*u

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 04, 2007, 09:44 AM »
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Remember its us against the fish.  I need to all the help I can get.

Just bought 2 12v computer fans to mount in the portable to help circulate the air and heat in the shelter. When everything is mounted, I will contact  everyone. Should be pretty tricked out.

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Oct 04, 2007, 09:55 PM »
I think I have a handle on the fan. I bought an oscillating one at Wally world this summer for the tent.  It is 12v and I am going to try to rig that thing up somehow.  These fans are on clearance right now for about $7.  I haven't yet tried it as I didn't need it, but I will figure out a way to use in the ice house.

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Oct 28, 2007, 08:29 PM »
Well, I attempted to run the wires for my lights through the frame.  What a joke.  I fried one string in the process.  I think that it will be a matter of time before the others do the same thing.  Also the poles are not as smooth working as they were before.  The strings that I have came in a version that had battery packs instead of the ones that I got.  Maybe I will go with those instead and save some of this hassle.  I have to admit, the three strings last year were awesome for light.  I wish there was a better way to rig these up.  I will probably be trying to improve on these again before the season starts.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.