Author Topic: Duck mountains!  (Read 1552 times)

Rock Bottom

Duck mountains!
« on: Apr 04, 2005, 09:00 AM »
Well the wife and I decided to head up to Laurie lake on sunday to try and catch a laker or a brown. We got there around 9:00 and fished all day in about 6 different spots to get skunked!!!.. My wife had a decent one on and lost it just under the hole, I was unable to see what it was and I had one hit my tube and strip my bait.
It was a nice day on the lake, we had a fire and roasted smoked moose suasage for lunch.
I spoke to a couple anglers who came from Gull they said it was slow with lots of little ones, nothing decent. There was one angler on east blue but im not sure how he made out. My X67 Ice machine just arrived this morning and im gonna give it a test run on Laurie again on wednesday. I am determined to catch a fish there because I have fished it twice now and been skunked on both occaisions.

The ice is still good it was getting a little hard to drive out with the quad in the afternoons because it was melting, still 2 ft of good ice under neath should be good for a while yet.

grumpymoe

Re: Duck mountains!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2005, 09:09 AM »
nice to hear that BW and I weren't the only ones skunked yesterday. ::)  some of the lakes look pretty dicey, but we felt quite comfortable driving on Tokaruk yesterday....along with another angler that rode out to the middle of the lake....alot of splashing on the way in, but nonetheless....lots of good ice...hope you do better on wednesday Rod....and hope to see some of those great pics....Grump :P

Duramax

« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Thx for the report RB... between GM and BW reporting on Tokaruk and Patterson and now your Ducks report I am going into full withdrawl :( Always nice to read about my favorite spots I just wish they were closer.

Don't give up on Laurie it holds some nice browns, lakers and splake. Most of my success has come in early spring just after ice out.  It can be awesome for the week or so after ice out. If you need a map let me know.

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Good to know that you at least had a good day. :tipup:
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2005, 12:03 PM »
Keep at it there Rock Bottom you will get something soon, tell me how your new toy works, I ve seen them on tv before but i want to here all about it. good luck.
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline rainbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2005, 02:44 PM »
rock bottom have you tried an  :tipup: with the bait laying on the bottom{ shiner or smelt }using lite line 4 -8lb test vanish . my biggest laker 34" caught + released out of high lake in the whiteshell. good fishing on wed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rock Bottom

« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2005, 09:05 PM »
Rainbow that is a good techniqueb and I did try it with no success I was able to get an idea of the structure and where to find it from a local guy here today. I threw the whole store at them on sunday and I will not give up. I am going on wednesday for sure I hope I can post a pic of a fish grump if not something else maybe. who knows???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.