The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Year end, pic heavy  (Read 1269 times)

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
Year end, pic heavy
« on: Mar 14, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Well, I am definitely done. Went last friday and had to wade then jump on the ice. That was enough for me. In either case, I think I got out quite a bit this year considering the winter we had. The year started on Christmas eve on a setback located in a cornfield

The ice was only about 2 inches but the water was only about 2'. My wife sat on the shore to make sure I wasn't going in. No fish but sure felt good to be on the ice! From there, My brother and I hit the Orford setback after CHristmas for a couple days. Some good perch and my brother got a nice pickeral

I was able to hit another setback later Christmas week and also Lower Baker pond once. Not much to tell, some good pickeral, a few pike on the river and some perch. The one cool thing was we made the paper!

Our Champlain trip had to be January this year and I was a little nervous about the pike bite, it ended up being GREAT though! As usual, the wife ended up with the biggest both days, a 35 and a 33. We got many pike over the 2 days up there.

From there, we had a few more river trips, We fished the conticook derby in Jaffrey, fish the Orford setback twice again and closed out with a trip on Post Pond. Sad to see it go, but hopefully next year will be some better ice! Big shout out to Steves bait in North Hartland for the great bait this year as usual when we fished VT, it's nice to have the big bait for pike!! Onto the garden, pigs, and barn construction this summer!

Hope you all had a good year on the ice

CJ

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Year end, pic heavy
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2012, 06:47 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :)

Offline mikefishon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2012, 10:47 AM »
hey cj sorry we didn't get to fish this winter it sure was a screwy short season. we'll have to get out next season for sure with my private access spot. we did alright on #s but 10lbs was the biggest and the perch were scarce this year probably only caught 3 or 4 hundred and not a single eye. well already been eye and cusk fishing the narrows have a good summer and i hope i see you on good ice next fall!

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2012, 10:56 AM »
Good deal man! Hopefully next winter will be better. Do they get any catfish in the river around here?

Offline mikefishon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2012, 10:31 AM »
hey cj we catch buckets full of catdogs all summer long. give me a call in a month that private access is one of  my honey holes another is a 1/4 mile from your house

Offline slopoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2012, 04:22 PM »
just simply awesome!
its easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission... FISH ON!!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2012, 08:47 PM »

Great pics & story to a not so great weather season, good job. :clap: :clap: I hope next yr. will be better for everyone.

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2012, 09:45 AM »
hey cj we catch buckets full of catdogs all summer long. give me a call in a month that private access is one of  my honey holes another is a 1/4 mile from your house

Will do. I could probably keep my boat down there and just float across, I know the crew who owns all that

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.