Author Topic: New Vexilar Ice Suit  (Read 12337 times)

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
New Vexilar Ice Suit
« on: Oct 13, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Has anyone seen the new ice fishing outfits? They look pretty good and a lot less $$$ than the Ice Armor suits. Could be adding one to my arsenal this year.

http://www.vexilar.com/purchase/direct/coldsnap_direct.html

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 10" Hole = Less tales of the big one that got away
Re: New Vexilar Ice Suit
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2006, 04:08 PM »
First i've seen of them. They look good and so does the price.

http://www.vexilar.com/purchase/direct/coldsnap_direct.html

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2006, 07:42 PM »
They do look nice and at an even better price. :tipup:

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2006, 09:38 PM »
first I seen them also and not a bad price.  Already have the ice armour.
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline synergyboy10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2006, 10:50 PM »
i was going ot get the ice armour but my wallet likes the price better onm this one
sometime you just have to think like a fish.

Offline Heartland

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Enjoying The Great Outdoors in America's Heartland
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2006, 09:33 AM »
Actually, I think Ice Armor makes these for Vexilar, though it isn't mentioned on the site, that I can find.  I could be wrong- but they do make other jackets for Vexilar.
Hmmm.

Offline CNY Farmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2006, 10:52 AM »
They look nice but I bought a Marcum :-\  I will have to check Marcum out and see if they have them :)I couldn't buy this and be carrying around a Marcum ;) ;D

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2006, 11:07 AM »
They look nice but I bought a Marcum :-\  I will have to check Marcum out and see if they have them :)I couldn't buy this and be carrying around a Marcum ;) ;D

If you ask the Iceteam guys you are stupid to have a Marcum "You must fish with a Vexilar"     I have a Marcum and a Vexilar, a mustang suit, a Clam trap, Ht Blue Rods, Aqua-vu (sponser of vex/Genz) so does it really matter????  its your money buy and use what you want :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2006, 12:11 PM »
IceTeam.......hah...
Andrew

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2006, 07:58 AM »
Im not pro or againts the ice team, tehy have come out with some great gear, I have an ice armour suit and it is excellent, well worth the dough, but on the other hand the gloves they have a not as advertised and need to be improved.

The Vex suit looks nice, not a big fan of the all black look, I think these companies would sell more suits if they offered a bigger array of colours

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2006, 08:46 AM »
Im not pro or againts the ice team, tehy have come out with some great gear, I have an ice armour suit and it is excellent, well worth the dough, but on the other hand the gloves they have a not as advertised and need to be improved.

These suits are not made by Ice Team, they are made by Clam corporation. I think, but not certain, IT was started by someone from Clam corp.
Ken                                          

Offline valleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2006, 11:34 AM »
Just one tidbit of information.

The Vexilar suit is water/wind resistant and not waterproof.  the only area that is waterproof is the padded knees.  The same goes for Strikemaster's suit.  I tried the Ice Armors, but alas I am a member of the short and stout club.  The requirements are having an inseam smaller than your waist! ;D
'Carpe Diem' does not mean 'Fish of the Day'

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2007, 07:59 AM »
So far I'm really sold on my suit. It has better insulation than my oldest boy's ice armor. They have these on sale now. Almost wish I'd waited.
                                                   ALMOST!!

:tipup:

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2007, 07:11 PM »
I figured the ice armor suit would be a little warmer. I am not opposed to wearing necessary clothing under but I was under the impression that it would be self sustaining....hmmmm, nest season ice armor might be 4sale to upgrade.

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline Rockman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2007, 11:45 AM »
I ordered and received my new Vexilar suit in 5 days.  There has been a price cut and I only spent $ 154 + shipping on the set.  The suit has everything the web site claims.  I am 6' and 215 lbs  and needed to send the parka back,  size XL for an XXL.  the sizing chart on the web site indicated I should be an XL (didn't account for my hand auger built muscles!)  The parka's fit did not allow enough room for me to wear a jacket of fleece liner without pulling at the wrist and shoulders.  The pants in size XL fit fine.  The customer service reps were very helpful when I called to ask for the exchange.

One thing that I was not prepared for.  The description says there are three "Vexilar Logos" on the parka, one being a large logo on the back.  By "large" they mean NASCAR large.  If you buy one of these you will be noticed!  I hope that others fishing don't think I am a 'Team Guy' or some other poser!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.