The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 20 year abscence / Back in the game  (Read 1037 times)

Online SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
20 year abscence / Back in the game
« on: Dec 16, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Hello everyone!! I haven't ice fished in approx 20 years, so I recently bought myself a new Clam Summit FLR shack, Jiffy 3500 auger, and now I've joined the IceShanty. Plan on hitting G'Town this weekend and have a couple questions. Is the ice thick enough to drive a quad or side x side on it? How's the fishing been and any suggestions as to where I could bring the family for our first time out? Thanks in advance for any input and I look forward to chatting with you and maybe I'll even see a few of you out on the ice. - SpitzoMT

Offline MT Hank

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Fishin Buddy
Re: 20 year abscence / Back in the game
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Welcome back  :tipup:

Offline RustyWaterDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2010, 12:16 PM »
Welcome back. G-town is a great place to take the family.  I haven't been there in a couple weeks so don't know about the ice.

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2010, 01:25 PM »
Cannot get a fresher report than this from Pyro:
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=161487.0 Sounds like it should be OK for quad. I will be out there Saturday, was at comers last Saturday and did OK. Will try Dentons or Comers myself this week end.

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2010, 02:39 PM »
welcome back.!

Online SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2010, 03:44 PM »
Cannot get a fresher report than this from Pyro:
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=161487.0 Sounds like it should be OK for quad. I will be out there Saturday, was at comers last Saturday and did OK. Will try Dentons or Comers myself this week end.
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I see you're from Anaconda as well zimmer2. Well, according to Pyro, there's about 10" of ice now. Should be safe taking one of the Yamaha's out on the ice then. Not real sure about the Rhino though because it weighs about twice the 4-wheeler. Do others take side x sides on the ice?? If all goes as planned, I think I'll try Denton's Saturday for sure and possibly Sunday as well. Just got done doing a break-in of the ice auger. Started it up and ran it for about 20 minutes, so should be good to go with it. I have not set up the shack yet though. I suppose I should set it up and take it down a couple times before I hit the ice. Would'nt want to look like a rookie out there my first time - lol. Take care.................. .........SpitzoMT 

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I see you're from Anaconda as well zimmer2. Well, according to Pyro, there's about 10" of ice now. Should be safe taking one of the Yamaha's out on the ice then. Not real sure about the Rhino though because it weighs about twice the 4-wheeler. Do others take side x sides on the ice?? If all goes as planned, I think I'll try Denton's Saturday for sure and possibly Sunday as well. Just got done doing a break-in of the ice auger. Started it up and ran it for about 20 minutes, so should be good to go with it. I have not set up the shack yet though. I suppose I should set it up and take it down a couple times before I hit the ice. Would'nt want to look like a rookie out there my first time - lol. Take care.................. .........SpitzoMT 

I will look for someone that looks like they could use some help  :) Welcome to shanty and have fun. Maybe we will bump into eachother

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.