Author Topic: wondering if i should build this.  (Read 3058 times)

acsacmboy

wondering if i should build this.
« on: Dec 28, 2003, 07:55 PM »
im wonderin if i should build  portable shack. its like a fishtrap clam i think(the box style). take (4)5.5 feet of 1/4 inch conduit/piping and use that as the corners/sides(ill call them sides. they are the vertical pieces). then make a box (idk.. 6'X8')out of more piping that has a joint so you can put the side pieces on it(this would be the horizontal piece). then find some tarp material and fasten it on it(or just have it like a slip cover thing). when you are about to leave, just pull out the sides from the joint and place all the piping align with eachother and throw a bungee cord on them and the tarp material and put it in a sled.
its just a thought. i dont know if it would work. it wouldnt be 100% cold proof but it would help in high winds and exterme cold.
im not sure  any suggestions or comments are welcomed.

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:wondering if i should build this.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2003, 09:29 AM »
im wonderin if i should build  portable shack. its like a fishtrap clam i think(the box style). take (4)5.5 feet of 1/4 inch conduit/piping and use that as the corners/sides(ill call them sides. they are the vertical pieces). then make a box (idk.. 6'X8')out of more piping that has a joint so you can put the side pieces on it(this would be the horizontal piece). then find some tarp material and fasten it on it(or just have it like a slip cover thing). when you are about to leave, just pull out the sides from the joint and place all the piping align with eachother and throw a bungee cord on them and the tarp material and put it in a sled.
its just a thought. i dont know if it would work. it wouldnt be 100% cold proof but it would help in high winds and exterme cold.
im not sure  any suggestions or comments are welcomed.
[/quot
I'm sure it would serve the purpose, however it would probably be a pain to set up in a good wind.
God grant me strength to catch a fish
So large that even I
When telling of it afterwards
May never need to lie.

acsacmboy

Re:wondering if i should build this.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2003, 11:27 AM »
probably. the tarp would fit over it like a slip cover. that would be the hardest part. assembling the sides and supports would be easy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.