The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur, Moraine State Park  (Read 49705 times)

Offline onestring

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Arthur, Moraine State Park
« Reply #120 on: Dec 27, 2016, 08:57 AM »
No

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:22 AM »
This place is better than a reality T.V.!!  I hope we keep the ice just to read all of this. 

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #122 on: Dec 27, 2016, 10:14 AM »
pure jealousy and greed! MO's slamming fish with his kids and these guys are struggling to put fish on the ice!!! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #123 on: Dec 27, 2016, 10:50 AM »
I have never had slimy cardboard but if you say it tastes like bass through the ice I'm going to have to give it a try.

Probably wouldn't notice a difference lol.  When you can consistently put walleye in the boat and on the ice there's no need to eat the cardboard.  I'd rather eat a channel cat through the ice than a bass.  Everyone's taste buds are different though.  I just hope this ice comes back to get out there with all you knuckleheads haha

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #124 on: Dec 27, 2016, 10:51 AM »
pure jealousy and greed! MO's slamming fish with his kids and these guys are struggling to put fish on the ice!!! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Lol pretty steep statement man. 

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #125 on: Dec 27, 2016, 10:59 AM »
Probably wouldn't notice a difference lol.  When you can consistently put walleye in the boat and on the ice there's no need to eat the cardboard.  I'd rather eat a channel cat through the ice than a bass.  Everyone's taste buds are different though.  I just hope this ice comes back to get out there with all you knuckleheads haha
Thats right! Give some love to catfish. I've cooked a few through the ice and they are great! Nobody will get upset if you take a stringer of cats home either! The lakes full of them and they're still sticking more! Lol!

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #126 on: Dec 27, 2016, 11:00 AM »
Stocking more

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Dec 27, 2016, 11:02 AM »
for me and my family its big gill,than perch,than catfish, than bass .than walleye.last crappie.but yes everyone has different taste that is what makes life so cool.i cant imagine eating a duck personally but cant imagine getting on somebodies case that does as long as it was done legally.i think that would really make me a 2faced ahole.but to each his own.with this warm up watch that ice when you target what you prefer.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #128 on: Dec 27, 2016, 12:41 PM »
Freshwater bass, also known as largemouth bass, is a favorite among fisherman. Cooking largemouth bass is absolutely no different from cooking any other type of fish. Grilling, baking, broiling or pan-frying it gives you a delicately crisp outside and tender, flaky inside. Prepare largemouth bass simply to let its natural flavor shine through.
my mouth is watering lol
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #129 on: Dec 27, 2016, 12:43 PM »
Thats right! Give some love to catfish. I've cooked a few through the ice and they are great! Nobody will get upset if you take a stringer of cats home either! The lakes full of them and they're still sticking more! Lol!
love them channel pusses
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Dec 27, 2016, 12:51 PM »
looks bad for the posting climate with this warm up  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( speaking of climate
there is a silver lining under every rain bow got to retie my leaders,refill 8 propane cylinders,go through my stuff clean out my car and take it to get fixed.as was said ice was going down hill fast we need to get below freezin to tighten things back up
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #131 on: Dec 27, 2016, 01:20 PM »
for me and my family its big gill,than perch,than catfish, than bass .than walleye.last crappie.but yes everyone has different taste that is what makes life so cool.i cant imagine eating a duck personally but cant imagine getting on somebodies case that does as long as it was done legally.i think that would really make me a 2faced ahole.but to each his own.with this warm up watch that ice when you target what you prefer.

Ducks are like fish they all taste different.  I won't even make jerky out of some.  How do you place one of the best table fairing fish (walleye) last? Or is it more of a catch on consistent basis deal with them seeing how they can be ghosts at times? 

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #132 on: Dec 27, 2016, 01:40 PM »
We think it's fishy tasting sometimes.i was hesitant to post because I knew it was probibly going to open a can of worms ;D but it is how my family feels.

Offline boatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #133 on: Dec 27, 2016, 03:00 PM »
looks bad for the posting climate with this warm up  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( speaking of climate
there is a silver lining under every rain bow got to retie my leaders,refill 8 propane cylinders,go through my stuff clean out my car and take it to get fixed.as was said ice was going down hill fast we need to get below freezin to tighten things back up
GOD BLESS
mo

Great picture Mo!

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #134 on: Dec 27, 2016, 03:12 PM »
It isn't a new season on Ice Shanty without the bass are going to be extinct in Lake Arthur because of EVERYONE keeping them to eat
What next will it be.carp?????????

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Dec 27, 2016, 03:41 PM »
It isn't a new season on Ice Shanty without the bass are going to be extinct in Lake Arthur because of EVERYONE keeping them to eat
CARP???????????????????  HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMM
the other white meat
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #136 on: Dec 27, 2016, 04:13 PM »
Know as the Bugle mouth Bass
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Dec 27, 2016, 04:16 PM »
That is a real cool pic Mo

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #138 on: Dec 27, 2016, 04:41 PM »
I'm sad and glad the ice was shaky. Number one it kept me off it yesterday and today I knew it would be shot. So I traded my jig poles for my flintlock, kaboom at 9:38 the big .54 Renagade barked . I was getting tired of eating slabs,now more backstraps,deer sausage,burgers,stew meat,and snack sticks and jerky. I'll be cooking when the ice refreezes stop by for a sausage sandwich or a burger. Till we meet again.

Offline woodstock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #139 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:14 PM »
This place is better than a reality T.V.!!  I hope we keep the ice just to read all of this.
Now that's the best comment on this thread.  ;D :o ::) @) ??? :'( :-\ :( ;D ;) :) >:( :( :o ::) @) :P :'( :o :( >:( ;D ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline woodstock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #140 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:26 PM »
"Holy Bass Busters Bat Man" Slider hit the nail on the head! Careful Slider, you could ruin your reputation being a good carpenter!

Offline Shenango 'Eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #141 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:32 PM »
Walleye can be fishy, only if you leave the fat on. Outside of panfish, I take all dark meat off of fillets. After that, most fish taste the same if they are cooked fresh. Sure, you have some that don't freeze as good, (white bass, white perch). The main difference between any fish that's not a trout or salmon, is texture, when fried. All that said, my fav list goes walleye/ yellow perch(tie), gills, pike, cats, white bass/perch (fresh), crappie, green bass.

Offline woodstock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #142 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:37 PM »
I'm sad and glad the ice was shaky. Number one it kept me off it yesterday and today I knew it would be shot. So I traded my jig poles for my flintlock, kaboom at 9:38 the big .54 Renagade barked . I was getting tired of eating slabs,now more backstraps,deer sausage,burgers,stew meat,and snack sticks and jerky. I'll be cooking when the ice refreezes stop by for a sausage sandwich or a burger. Till we meet again.
Mmmm.....deer sausage???? I've done all the rest, now I got to try something new! I wonder what deer and green carp would taste like ground  together. Like made into patties or sausages????? You never know.

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:39 PM »
So do the same fisherman who bash others play catch and release wit hunting license too? Wha wha you don't like it go to Canada 🇨🇦 you do have that freedom. Heavy sarcasm? And mo stop letting them 20+ inchers swim back down the hole

Offline gusgus637

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #144 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:44 PM »
Any of you arthur boys interested in a used 3hp 10" jiffy legend for $250? Figured I'd ask the locals before I list it on craigslist and Facebook later. Pm me if interested. 

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #145 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:47 PM »
New rage. Lake Arthur surf and turf. I saw where I guy makes Perch sausage and puts it in casings. Somehow I just can't see deer and bass in a patty. Separate maybe but together I'll let you try it first.lol

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #146 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Great picture Mo!
i like this one better its a lil blurry as it was still raining but the elements of reflection are striking.

THANK YOU
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #147 on: Dec 27, 2016, 07:03 PM »
All that said, my fav list goes walleye/ yellow perch(tie), gills, pike, cats, white bass/perch (fresh), crappie, green bass.

Nice, a little love for pike. If you can get that y bone out, they are as good as any freshwater fish.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #148 on: Dec 27, 2016, 07:05 PM »
Mo, nice shot of the rainbow.  :tipup:

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #149 on: Dec 27, 2016, 07:37 PM »
Notice how the rainbow is over the guys at the other end of the bay...
They must be letting the Bass go. Tightlines
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.