Author Topic: /// Short Entries \\\  (Read 2709 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
/// Short Entries \\\
« on: Jan 02, 2009, 10:46 AM »

The Short Entries area is for entries that won't challenge the Leaders Board. If there are no entries or yours will challenge at least 3rd then you should post it in the appropriate category.

Doug >))))>

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Icebound

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: /// Short Entries \\\
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:39 PM »
If an entry will not take first in the anything category, (pickerel) can it be entered in the short entries?

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:41 PM »
My correct understanding is that you post in the short entry board so that your name is in for the weekly drawings. That's why I posted there.

Offline Icebound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:45 PM »
My correct understanding is that you post in the short entry board so that your name is in for the weekly drawings. That's why I posted there.

Thanks, I guess I'm going to post it and if it doesn't belong there it will be removed.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2009, 06:52 PM »
If an entry will not take first in the anything category, (pickerel) can it be entered in the short entries?

i think you are dead on...if you catch a fish (any species) and it will not currently place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in it's category you place it in the short Entries, this will get you in the weekly draw.

Remember when deciding if your fish will place 1st, 2nd or 3rd, use the leader board and not the actual entries, as although someone may list a fish as 20 inches, when looked at by those running the tourny it may lose an inch or two or be disqualified altogether

Offline Icebound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2009, 07:50 PM »
i think you are dead on...if you catch a fish (any species) and it will not currently place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in it's category you place it in the short Entries, this will get you in the weekly draw.

Remember when deciding if your fish will place 1st, 2nd or 3rd, use the leader board and not the actual entries, as although someone may list a fish as 20 inches, when looked at by those running the tourny it may lose an inch or two or be disqualified altogether

Thanks........

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2009, 04:14 PM »

I've DQ'd many Short Entries so far.
The same rules apply for short entries as for the rest of the tourney. This section will get you into the drawings as well as the others.
I've seen only 1 pic entered, pics with no card, etc..
I'm not too critical on the pic size as I do not have to do an actual measurement but try to keep it near 450.

Thanks !
Doug >))))>

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Bill Dance

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2009, 03:09 PM »
Hey guys this thread is questions about short entries not where you post them. If you want to post your short entries go to 2009 tourney entry board then under short entries. Keep those fish coming though.
 :tipup: :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.