Author Topic: Tying a knot with TyGer is hella annoying.  (Read 542 times)

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tying a knot with TyGer is hella annoying.
« on: Dec 31, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Getting my rigs ready and this TyGer is a witch to tie. Trying to use a Polmar knot and i cant tell if its gonna hold lol

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tying a knot with TyGer is hella annoying.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Practice, practice and practice some more it gets easier and its a good strong knot to use. The one thing that most people do it not use enough line, the bigger the loop the easier it is to Tye .
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline Ice Cream Headache

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2011, 12:29 AM »
I just use the recommended TyGer knot.  Worked for me so far.  Although, they say all these knots should work:

Uni, Palomar, Shearer Spider Hook, Rapala, Riffling Hitch, Simplified Blood, Extension Blood, Improved Blood, Dropper Snell, Improved Clinch, Double Improved Clinch, Albright, End Loop, Simple Loop Connection, Rhode Loop, Surgeon, Surgeon Loop, Single Over Hand Loop, Trilene, Homer's, Offshore Swivel, Crawford, World Fair

Good stuff!

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:25 AM »
Practice, practice and practice some more it gets easier and its a good strong knot to use. The one thing that most people do it not use enough line, the bigger the loop the easier it is to Tye .

I know how to tie the knot. Its the line thats being a pain. Thick steel leader.

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:47 AM »
Sorry that's different,  I can't help you being I don't use steel leaders, but I'm sure now that we know what your up against someone will help !
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.