Author Topic: Should I upgrade my batteries to get better performance?  (Read 615 times)

Offline 10point

• Team IceShanty Regular
Got to try out my ice master adapter for the first time yesterday. It did good but the 2 batteries only lasted about 15 holes total. Maybe less. I got to looking at my batteries and it appears mine are small. They say 1.3ah on them. My drill is a 20 volt Dewalt. It's lithium ion.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Should I upgrade my batteries to get better performance?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2016, 05:13 PM »
Yup!
I work part time at Lowes. 5 ah Li battery is around $140. I think you can do better.  It's got juice ;D

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2016, 05:20 PM »
Yes...get the 4 amp XR or larger ..search the net for 2 packs usually cheaper.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Buttonbuckslayer!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2016, 05:39 PM »
A 5ah battery will make a huge difference.  You'll probably get more like 60 holes from a single battery.  You should be able to get one off Amazon for a little over $100.

Offline Rags777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2016, 07:30 PM »
not sure where you are from since your location is empty, however, we got a place round here called Bomgaars. big farm and ranch store with locations everywhere. anyways they usually have a 20% off bucket sale. anything you can get in a 5gal bucket! I go in and load up on the 2 packs of batteries for my dewalt drills used on jobsites, normally the 5ah batteries come out to around 100 bucks a piece if bought in the 2 pack.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2016, 05:39 AM »
Just purchased a DeWalt DCD995 Drill with two, 5 amp Batteries.. Drilled over 100 holes last weekend.. No problem on 1 Battery
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2016, 05:51 AM »
I drilled just over 700" ice last year on one 4ah battery!!   Milwaukee

Offline chukkrok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2016, 04:50 PM »
I used a dewalt 18 volt drill with a lazer 6 inch auger,,your  batteries ultimately will weaken with time, and you will need to replace them.. I have the 5 pack dewalt kit, and will need to purchase my 3rd round of batteries , If I intend to use it anymore.. not a big fan of the price of those batteries.. seems pretty steep,, they know they got ya!!

Offline Rags777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2016, 06:18 PM »
on sale at Bomgaars for 40 bucks off per battery, those are 5ah. also on sale 100 bucks of dewalt brushless combo, comes with two 5ah batteries and charger, includes hammerdrill/ and impact. smoking good deal, you can find them on the web

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.