The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Rtw  (Read 741 times)

Offline Mr. gill

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rtw
« on: Jan 08, 2012, 01:18 PM »
I live in Indiana and as you may know or elected republicans are trying to make us a right to work state. I know your state is one. My question is have u seen if any changes in your wages,healthcare insurance or pension? The reason I am posting on your board is I want more info on the effects this could bring to our state. Please don't be mad for me asking but I can use your in put to take to our state house and show them if it is good or bad. Thanks Mr. Gill

Offline BOUTDOORS

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Rtw
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2012, 11:49 AM »
Growing up in a RTW state i'd say it's a good thing.  Next door we have WI and MN that both deal with some very interupted political, social and enviromental stalemates due to Union vs. Business or Government issues.  We have a strong Union presence in portions of our state where Labor is big such as oil and coal.  Much of my family including my father have been union guys with no complaints.  I'm non union working in the East side of our state which is conservative business - Fargo area.  We did have one event this last fall where the RTW affected Union Sugar workers - Search American Crystal Sugar Union and i'm sure something comes up for you.  They failed to reach agreements so they were locked out, the state didn't pay Unemployment since the agreement was voted down as offered and bargained on.  Replacement workers have been hired.  I'm a big fan of competition so RTW is what I stand by.
Rippin' Lips and Taken' big sips.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.