Author Topic: Help for an Iowan!  (Read 631 times)

Offline ice-pro

• IceShanty Rookie
Help for an Iowan!
« on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:19 PM »
There is a good chance of my wife and I moving to the Fort Collins area and I'm curious as to how the fishing is in that area. I know there are some good walleye lakes to the south but I don't know much about Fort Collins and all of the surrounding bodies of water. I mostly fish for walleye, perch, crappie and bluegill. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Re: Help for an Iowan!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:50 PM »
If you end up moving, welcome to CO, ice-pro!  A good resource for learning about Colorado fishing locations can be found here:
https://ndismaps.nrel.colostate.edu/indexM.html?app=FishingAtlas

FoCo and environs have plenty of great locations to explore.  Horsetooth and Boyd aren't far, and within FoCo there are plenty of ponds to try out (although they don't let you ice fish any of them). Good luck!
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Shoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Help for an Iowan!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2017, 01:13 PM »
There is a good chance of my wife and I moving to the Fort Collins area and I'm curious as to how the fishing is in that area. I know there are some good walleye lakes to the south but I don't know much about Fort Collins and all of the surrounding bodies of water. I mostly fish for walleye, perch, crappie and bluegill. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I grew up in Dubuque and have been in the Fort for about 18 years.  I had to adjust to trout coming here.  I shifted to fly rods.  There are opportunities for these warm-water species, too.  Really a great place to live, warmer, less cold and dreary.  Look me up if you make it.  I LOVE to ice these species, too.

s

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.