The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Looking to fix my auger  (Read 10040 times)

Offline GlovelessPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking to fix my auger
« on: Sep 12, 2007, 09:50 AM »
I figure that now's a good time to ask around if anyone knows a place that fixes auger/small engines around the Haverhill area??? Last year I had a few people try to fix my auger and it just never seemed to tune up right.... causing a few bad outings on the ice... ICE WILL BE HERE SOON!!!
How can you be icefishing if you're sitting at your computer???

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
Re: Looking to fix my auger
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2007, 03:24 PM »
what kind?
, , ,

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We Need Another Ice Age !
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2007, 07:04 PM »
You could do it  ;) look the manufacture of the engine on the I-Net... get the proper plug gap size throw in a new properly gaped spark plug. make sure you have the proper fuel mix if two cycle.. and the manufacturer should be able to tell the carburetor  adjustment if needed.. you can even find this info on the I-Net with the model number of the engine ....I have confidence in you!
May the LORD BLESS and keep each of you safe on the ice.

Offline ToeCheese

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Spark, compression and fuel. If you have these it will run.

Offline duubs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2007, 01:24 PM »
Anyone know anywhere in central Mass where i would be able to get my Jiffy Legend 3ph fixed. Last year on an outing the pull cord broke?

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2007, 02:50 PM »
Here's a list of Jiffy authorized service centers in Mass.-->  Jiffy Service Centers
Ken                                          

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2007, 06:54 AM »
Spark, compression and fuel. If you have these it will run.
If ya got an IceGator   you dont even need those!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Anyone know anywhere in central Mass where i would be able to get my Jiffy Legend 3ph fixed. Last year on an outing the pull cord broke?

Edgemere power and equipment is no longer there. I would try the place in Sutton or may even give Gauvin's a call in Grafton. Let me know how you make out.

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2007, 10:51 AM »
Not sure how new your auger is - or when this was changed for that matter - but the newer Jiffy's (mines only a year old - 3hp STX) are pretty easy to change - no spring to load - the cover pops off just make sure it clicks in the right place after you wind it up and it should work fine after that. I'm not mechanically inclined but with the help of a buddy we figured it out. :)

Offline duubs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2007, 11:05 AM »
Mines 2 years old...this winter will be 3. I wouldnt mind doing it myself. Where would i be able to buy a new cord and find out what length it should be? any help is greatly appriecated.

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2007, 11:09 AM »
Mines 2 years old...this winter will be 3. I wouldnt mind doing it myself. Where would i be able to buy a new cord and find out what length it should be? any help is greatly appriecated.

Take a look on the Jiffy web site, they may have them for short $$$$$$

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2007, 11:13 AM »
Take a look on the Jiffy web site, they may have them for short $$$$$$
ya beat me to it!   Id prob want a spare if I had a gas operated auger    heard of several horror stories over the years about broken rewinds    sometimes it was a good thing the line broke   lol
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2007, 08:00 AM »
GlovelessPro,

How did you make out ? Any luck ?

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2007, 06:26 PM »
I got my pulled cord fixed at the lawn mower place located on route 9 in westborough next to or close to the UNO's. Not as convienient as going to Edgemer power(so upset that he closed), but they did it while I waited which was nice.  Good luck!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Nov 09, 2007, 03:48 PM »
Well my auger broke at the end of the season last year and I called Eskimo(Artisan) and I got the parts to fix it at 1/3 the price of the bait shop (Onota Boat Livery) rip offs. So a word to the wise, call Jiffy and fix it your self ar have your local lawn mower repair shop install the cord for you, try to stay away from the high price bait shops as they don't care if they get your buisness because the next guy will be just as dumb and spend the money there. I now catch my own bait and repair my own stuff because I can't stand that guy at the bait shop. He is the only one around so he over charges for everything. If you live close I will fix it for you for free.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline CTFishes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 10, 2007, 07:13 AM »
Onota Boat Livery     463 Pecks Road     (413) 442-1724

I live in NW CT over an hour away from  Onata Boat Livery , but they do  all my auger repairs,most times while I wait.
Best part is all the ice fishing gear they stock ,I shop while they do my repairs.

Always had great friendly service and excellent pricing.

Most of my friends also use them now for auger repairs.

I have never had to wait more than a week for a part from them or a repair.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Nov 10, 2007, 08:08 PM »
I bought my auger there 400.00, and when I had a problem with it the owner said that I must have screwed around with it so my warrenty was voided. I never touched it, It fell over and the throttle handle broke. He wanted 36 bucks for the part and 50 bucks per hour to fix it. I don't mind paying to have it fixed, it was an accident. I called eskimo and the part was 13.46 and they said it takes 5 min to install. I agree they do have a ton of ice fishing stuff and the prices aren't bad, unless you are buying bait or having something fixed. That is all I was talking about.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.