The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: where in Mass?  (Read 10959 times)

Offline ice nut OFJ

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: where in Mass?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Im Chris, i live in Peabody, usually fish in Maine, but, my buddies introduced me to some ice fishin local, which opened my eyes to alot of options, i hopen to also broaden my horizons this coming season, tryin to go at every possible chance. :tipup: ;D

Offline troutfinder23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2005, 08:53 PM »
I live in Framingham   I cant wait for some ice hopefully we can be out there by mid december

Offline G.Horne

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 29, 2005, 04:41 PM »
I live on Lake Sabbatia in Taunton and mostly ice fish south eastern ma and the cape 8). I still haven't put the boat away yet either :P

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 30, 2005, 04:17 AM »
North Attleboro here, I have icefished all over the state with my girlfriend Bev except for the cape. I fish for mostly bass, but I am trying to become a better multi species fisherman. Last year we targeted pike a couple of times and were successful and we also picked up some jig poles and got some nice white and yellow perch, big crappie, and some gills to. My only regret was not jigging sooner.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline bobby

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it looks like ice, smells like ice, it must ICE
« Reply #34 on: Nov 30, 2005, 09:51 AM »
I'm over here in Southampton, This will be my first full year ice fishing and cant wait. Looking to get out as much as possible. I'm looking for some local tourney's to go to. Any suggestions on ponds or lakes in this area?

Offline fishinfergy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Nov 30, 2005, 10:05 AM »
I am from rowley ma and ushally like to fish the georgtown ponds and boxford ponds.  Anyone else around this area fish any other close ponds, looking to try some new spots this year.  Anyone ever fished lake gardner in amesbury or the resevoirs in ipswich?

Fergy
Go B's

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #36 on: Nov 30, 2005, 10:37 AM »
bobby, u live in close to me then, i live in westfield which is right next to southampton, theres lots of places to fish around here, we should hit up the hardwater sometime
if your not fishing, your not living

Offline mullen2525

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Nov 30, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Good to see new faces around here.  Fergy I fished a boxford pond a few times over the summer, Stiles I believe it was,  I had mixed results but from what I heard theres some good Bass in there.  I was planning on heading back sometime in the winter to give it a try through the ice.

Bobby check out the tourney thread and check back later in the season, theres a lot of tourneys that dont set a date until later but a lot of tourneys get posted here so be patient :)

Offline fishinfergy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Nov 30, 2005, 01:57 PM »
Ya mullen let me know when you plan on heading back out their i will meet up with you it is only about 15 min from my house.  I fished their a bunch 2 years ago and had pretty good luck lots of flags and fish.  All bass and pics mostly smaller though, but by now who knows we will have to give it a try.

Fery
Go B's

Offline mullen2525

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 30, 2005, 02:08 PM »
yeah defanitly i'll probably be heading out there sometime after new years

Offline osprey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:42 PM »
I live in Haverhiil and usually fish around here and the northeastern section of Mass. Salmon and trout are my main targets, but started to take a liking to the Bass scene last year after catching a few 3lbers. The only place I haven't ice fished in mass. is the western part of the state. I plan on giving that a try this year, also more on the Cape.

Offline mullen2525

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:46 PM »
osprey you ever fish chadwicks pond in bradford, I want to try it out but havent heard much of it.  Was going to fish the HHRG club tourney their last year but the make up date because of snow pushed it to a date I couldnt make.

Offline osprey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 01, 2005, 07:52 PM »
Mullen, Yes,I did fish Chadwick's quite a few times last year. A LOT of small pickerel in there and some decent sized bass. The best chance at getting a good sized bass, is at the rod and gun club end of the pond. If you just want to have fun or need to get rid of some bait, try the end closest to the road on the Boxford side of the pond.
I can't tell you how many times the 4th or 5th trap would never see any bait on them, yet I would already have caught a dozen or so fish. but they are almost always smaller sized pickerel.

I prefer to fish Johnson's Pond which is a short ride form Chadwick's. IMHO, There are more quality sized bass and pickerel to be had there. I do know they throw a tourney at Johnson's every year as well. I believe it is run by the Haverhill Ridge Runners Club.

If you want, just let me know when you want to fish it and we'll give it a go.

Offline mullen2525

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 01, 2005, 07:58 PM »
thanks for the advice osprey, both ponds look like a placees i'd like to check out this season, what about parking for both these places???

Offline osprey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 05, 2005, 08:19 PM »
There is plenty of parking on Lily Pond Road on the Boxford side of the Chadwick's Pond. At Johnson's , There is parking on Lakeshore Rd/Center Street (same street just one is in Boxford,the other in Groveland). And you can park on Washington Street (Boxford)?? but there isn't an awful lot of parking spaces available.

All the parking mentioned above is on the side of the street. Hope that helps! The ponds are starting to skim over!!!!! It won't be long now. Let's hope we do not get to much snow. I'd like to get out this weekend if possible. Probably out west.

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:17 PM »
I'm in Marshfield, Ma and fish locally. I discovered a few gems for bass and crappie.  Used to live in Newton and fished north (Essex/Hamilton), and west, Ashland and Westboro but now that we're getting older anything more than a half hour drive is pushing it.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:32 PM »
I have fished the HHRG club tournament for about 6 years when there was safe ice and I fished about 100 yards in front of the club to the left. And at least 4 of those years the big bass came from almost all the way straight across the pond from the club or halfway and to the left. :tipup:

Offline JigEm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Charter Boat Captain
« Reply #47 on: Dec 07, 2005, 07:15 AM »
There is plenty of parking on Lily Pond Road on the Boxford side of the Chadwick's Pond. At Johnson's , There is parking on Lakeshore Rd/Center Street (same street just one is in Boxford,the other in Groveland). And you can park on Washington Street (Boxford)?? but there isn't an awful lot of parking spaces available.

All the parking mentioned above is on the side of the street. Hope that helps! The ponds are starting to skim over!!!!! It won't be long now. Let's hope we do not get to much snow. I'd like to get out this weekend if possible. Probably out west.

Osprey I live in Bradford and fish Chadwicks alot ( I am a member of HHR&G).  There are some nice fish in there and since they are full of mercury it has become a catch and release fishery only which dosent bother me at all.  There are also some surprise fish to be had in there as well....if you fish it you know what I mean.

Have you heard anything about Johnsons being closed to fishing.  I know this summer the place was posted and I heard EPOs were keeping people off it.  I havent had a chance to get over there to see for myself, just wondering if you know what the story is.  I used to fish Johnsons alot but havent in the past 5 years and had taken some large pickeral and bass out of it.
Full Strike Anglers
USCG 50 Ton Master

Offline TheBigPickerel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 07, 2005, 10:22 AM »
I'm from WESTFIELD Massachusetts. I'm a student at Umass.

I do most of my fishing locally, on small isolated ponds (those are secret spots), Hampton Ponds, the Oxbow, and up in the Berkshires.  Littleville is one of my families favorite places.  I fish with Musky-man and my brothers all the time.  Normally 2 maybe 3 times a week.   This year I have the entire month of January off, so once some ice forms, there is a good chance of running into me out there.

Offline flagless5

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Any fish down there I havent got a flag all Day
« Reply #49 on: Dec 08, 2005, 12:03 PM »
i fish with my buddy in ridnge NH alot do you know any pike ponds near rindge NH or in NH or in Fitchburg area because i'm very familer thanks

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 08, 2005, 12:20 PM »
flagless,

I sent you a message.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline troutfinder23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Dec 08, 2005, 04:09 PM »
I usally get up 2 ringe a couple times a years I like the pond dirrrectly in front of Franklyn pierce collage.  We do really well with bass and picks.  there

Offline flagless5

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Any fish down there I havent got a flag all Day
« Reply #52 on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:55 AM »
any good size bass in there ?s there alot of pickaral ? were is the good spot ritght dirctly in front of the collage?

Offline GrimesinMA

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Southern Born; Fishing on Ice??
« Reply #53 on: Dec 12, 2005, 09:47 AM »
I live in Westford MA and fish mostly on Long Sought for Pond (also known as Wyman's Pond).  There are three ice derbys there in February (12th, 19th, and 26th).  Although I have lived in New England for ten years now, I am still relatively new to ice fishing.
Monty

Offline troutfinder23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 12, 2005, 11:55 AM »
I thinbk the name  of it is Pearly pond.  I used to hit it once-twice a month I usally get a few bass over 5lbs, and a few pickeral over 4 lbs.  Very productove lake always running for flags.  I go in front of the collage closer to the cabin  out on the little point good luck up there  Maybe I let you know the next time I head up there

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 13, 2005, 06:22 AM »
I live in Newton, so I do travel to fish.I do most of my fishing at Whites, Walden pond, Long sought for,and Horn pond. For long weekend trips we hit Maine Molassess pond.We're taking a trip to Lake Champlain in late Janurary.

smitty :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.