The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Good Ice on Ponkapoag today? The gate is open (Last Updated Use Caution)  (Read 2631 times)

Offline McJake

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Good Ice on Ponkapoag today? (Last Updated Use Caution)
« Reply #30 on: Mar 01, 2013, 06:08 PM »
Does the ice to the right of the beach look grey???
No, but I have not fished over there this season.  I do know it closed up one day before across from the beach. 

Offline Doggz1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Think like pike
« Reply #31 on: Mar 01, 2013, 06:38 PM »
Be safe....that dark gray looks sketchy.
Fish when I can

Offline ALMA0930

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 02, 2013, 07:30 AM »
we decided to give it a try this am, only to find the gates locked ! guess thats a good thing for me, cut a tire on 95 this am at 5am. had to change it in the dark in the breakdown lane. probably better if i stay off the ice. not having a good day.  but thanks for all the ice updates...

Offline Atta Boy!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 02, 2013, 08:16 AM »
Alma,

Did u happen to check the ice this morning?

Offline McJake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 02, 2013, 08:23 AM »
we decided to give it a try this am, only to find the gates locked ! guess thats a good thing for me, cut a tire on 95 this am at 5am. had to change it in the dark in the breakdown lane. probably better if i stay off the ice. not having a good day.  but thanks for all the ice updates...
Was the gate that was locked 10 feet from the Temple Beth David entrance.  If not your down the road 1/4 mile and at wrong road.  You need to be back up the road directly next to Temple Beth David. 

Offline McJake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 02, 2013, 09:09 AM »
I was just down there the gate is open and there are 4 cars in there.  An immediately left is not a 1/4 down the road.  Please remove your reply.

Offline Ponky

• Team IceShanty Regular
Read the other post...

Offline ALMA0930

• Team IceShanty Regular
i was there at 615am,,,checked all the gates, they were all closed and all had padlocks. never knew they locked the gates at night. just figured they wanted to keep us off the ice....

Offline McJake

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sorry you came all the way for nothing.  Ponky said he found the gate closed but unlocked.  I am sure it was after 6:15am.  It could be that they locked it then this AM unlocked it and left it closed.   It would be unusual for them to leave it locked with all the hikers that use the parking lot.  The other gate is left closed and locked most of the time.

Offline ALMA0930

• Team IceShanty Regular
not a big deal,,,just wanted to fish local for a change. not much ice left around here

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.