Author Topic: Derby weather...  (Read 2602 times)

Offline articcat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Derby weather...
« Reply #30 on: Feb 14, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Hats off to Derby committee

Great job posting fish and raffle tickets on website.

Job well done

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 14, 2021, 08:33 AM »
Agreed. Wayyy better than any other years, where they're usually hours behind, or no update at all.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 14, 2021, 09:01 PM »
Covid sucks!!! But great job on the virtual derby way to get it done!!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 15, 2021, 09:17 AM »
I guess the good weather could only last so long... started raining/sleating a half hour after I got setup this morning.
The slush battle getting here was tough enough, getting out after the rain should be good times...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2021, 11:18 AM »
I guess the good weather could only last so long... started raining/sleating a half hour after I got setup this morning.
The slush battle getting here was tough enough, getting out after the rain should be good times...
Looking ugly all week... I just did 2 things at lunch.. ordered a 50" Denali plow system for the can am   put in for the week of 3/15- 3 -20 off, which was approved while I was typing  this..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 15, 2021, 11:47 AM »
Looking ugly all week... I just did 2 things at lunch.. ordered a 50" Denali plow system for the can am   put in for the week of 3/15- 3 -20 off, which was approved while I was typing  this..

Yeah, looking messy for sure... my plan A this morning put me ankle deep in the slop at the launch, plan B wasnt bad around the launch but got deeper and thicker as I made my way out... after a half hour of jigging in the shack i had 2" of standing water... Packed up and now driving around checking plans C though M lol... There's gotta be a couple spots that don't have 6" of slush... If I hadn't brought the hound with me I would have stuck it out and hole hopped the place but she was soaked and pissed... I don't care how good she has the sad beagle eyes perfected, she stays home until it's solid walking again.

Good luck with the plow, I inherited a Toyota plow truck this summer so this is the 1st season I haven't had a blade on the wheeler in years, was a couple times this weekend it would have come in handy on the ice and access points...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.