Author Topic: Hard days work...  (Read 2595 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hard days work...
« on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:21 PM »
My boss is super cool, on top of giving me friday off with pay to scout areas with the sketchy ice, he also let me blow off most of what I was supposed to do today so I could put the new Otter together... took about 2 hours start to finish. Really happy with the quality, fit and finish.  I'll do a proper review once it's been put through its paces this weekend... on to going through gear and I'm ready for the derby.

Started with this...

Ended here a couple hours later...

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Hard days work...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:28 PM »
That’s awesome! Good on him and good for you! Rig looks slick! I’m taking Friday myself
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:33 PM »
Looking good! That IS a hard days work..lol
I'm taking Friday as well. I think many that put alot of scouting and prep in, probably do.
And Monday to unwind from all the hard work put in from the weekend..lol
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:36 PM »
That’s awesome! Good on him and good for you! Rig looks slick! I’m taking Friday myself

Thanks, he's a great guy, family really... I've worked for him 20+ years now, in my younger crazier days he even sponsored a few of my race cars...

Good luck scouting Friday!

How many other guys are taking Friday off out there? Seems this year its pretty important to check our plan A's a day before go time.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:38 PM »
Great boss...you are fortunate.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:38 PM »
Looking good! That IS a hard days work..lol
I'm taking Friday as well. I think many that put alot of scouting and prep in, probably do.
And Monday to unwind from all the hard work put in from the weekend..lol

Monday is good idea for sure, might have to pull that one out too...

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:50 PM »

That does sound good! I’m not going to And Monday will suckkkkk

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:06 PM »
My buddy was doing some checking today. We both have Friday off. From what he said today the ice just isn’t good. We are trying to figure out a plan d.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:07 PM »
Wow great stuff. That is awesome.  Nice boss.  My work gives me time off when requested but have to ask 3 months in advance.  Hospitals suck like that. Most people are annoyed by my hobby when I ask for time off they don't understand it. Your fortunate. 
Salmonemia

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:09 PM »
Wow great stuff. That is awesome.  Nice boss.  My work gives me time off when requested but have to ask 3 months in advance.  Hospitals suck like that. Most people are annoyed by my hobby when I ask for time off they don't understand it. Your fortunate.

I useto run into that in the past.... people couldn’t figure why I’d need to take days to “ catch some Deers”

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:20 PM »
Good for you Stealth...I’m looking forward to your review, more so the seating and comfort..I’m in the market next season for a new set up
LOL@ AA  “ catching Deers” ;)
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:29 PM »
My boss sucks now!

Sweet set up!

Gonna tote that behind your rig (I see the rigid hitch)?

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:51 PM »
Is he hiring 🤔

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:56 PM »
Good for you Stealth...I’m looking forward to your review, more so the seating and comfort..I’m in the market next season for a new set up
LOL@ AA  “ catching Deers” ;)

Just sitting in it in the shop it's a huge improvement over the bayrunner's bench seat. The Otters are just basic boat seats, pretty comfy but the fat memory foam ones that came with my Nitro for the casting decks are way more comfortable and since they're both "boat seats" they have the same bolt pattern on the bottom side, I'll probably swap them as I've never sat on my boat other than to drive it, I only stand on the decks and never even have the deck seats on board anyhow.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2020, 03:59 PM »
My boss sucks now!

Sweet set up!

Gonna tote that behind your rig (I see the rigid hitch)?

Yeah, tow behind the wheeler... It's beast, 135 pounds empty I believe. The otter hitch is killer though, spring dampened to take the hit out of slowing or accelerating, great design.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2020, 04:01 PM »
That's pretty nice set up. Enjoy it.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2020, 04:14 PM »
Nice! Looks comfy! I've been considering getting a single person flip... Haven't pulled the trigger yet. My dumb a** will stand out in the rain or cold all day. I guess that's part of the Ice sickness!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2020, 05:04 PM »
That's awesome,  having  a good  employer is vital to a dedicated outdoors man ( or woman)..  .I've been with the same  company 25 years, it was much,smaller then, now, I have 6 weeks vacation,  plus 2 floating holidays...they don't want me to retire so they kiss my back side.
I took Thursday and Friday off.. Looks like we're  going to see a little of everything,  rain snow and deep freeze, at least the wind ain't gonna blow.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2020, 05:16 PM »
I'm cool with rain, snow and deep freeze if the wind holds off... I still have a case of the chills from last years derby...

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2020, 05:18 PM »
I'm cool with rain, snow and deep freeze if the wind holds off... I still have a case of the chills from last years derby...

Couldn't aggrree  more, we can fight  through  just about  anything,  wind just makes life. Miserable.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2020, 05:48 PM »
I work a 9 80 so have every other Friday off so took Thursday off instead. Seems lately I can fish the same area every weekend from open of season on and see no one. Then derby weekend every out of stater comes out of the wood work. So last couple years go up on Thursday to lock down a spot and bait holes and have some drinks with my dad. Beats working

Well, I'm from out of state and fish the same lake every  week all winter, I rarely see another fisherman..derby week end ,every red neck with a beer cooler over runs the place, leaving trash  and dead fish on the ice...how do you think it makes me feel... don't lump all out of state fisherman  together, we earn our keep, and care more about the resource than alot of locals take for granite ...and I won't lump ignorant people that " live" there together  either.. enough!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2020, 05:51 PM »
Rig looks sharp, Stealth! Looking forward to the mods and review afterwards.
I'm sure you make your boss happy. A really good employee is hard to come by, these days. It's worth keeping them happy.
The street should go both ways. 

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:03 PM »
don't lump all out of state fisherman  together, we earn our keep, and care more about the resource than alot of locals take for granite ...and I won't lump ignorant people that " live" there together  either.. enough!
Very well said, Joe!  :thumbsup:
I'm from "in state" and have fished in a bunch of other states.
Every state has good and bad sportsmen and conservationists.
Lumping people in a category by the color of their license plates is ignorance. If you're offended, look up the definition.
I can tell you one thing for sure, Roccus and at least a few more out of stater's that I know on here, don't have to apologize to anyone!   

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:09 PM »
Well, I'm from out of state and fish the same lake every  week all winter, I rarely see another fisherman..derby week end ,every red neck with a beer cooler over runs the place, leaving trash  and dead fish on the ice...how do you think it makes me feel... don't lump all out of state fisherman  together, we earn our keep, and care more about the resource than alot of locals take for granite ...and I won't lump ignorant people that " live" there together  either.. enough!
I didn't say you are all bad and hope you didn't take it that way. I apologize. It's just frustrating when money is on the line how many more people are on the lake. I've fed rainbows for weeks straight only to go out Friday of the derby to find people I've never seen before with stakes marking holes I've fished for weeks. A bit frustrating. Again my apologies
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:20 PM »
I didn't say you are all bad and hope you didn't take it that way. I apologize. It's just frustrating when money is on the line how many more people are on the lake. I've fed rainbows for weeks straight only to go out Friday of the derby to find people I've never seen before with stakes marking holes I've fished for weeks. A bit frustrating. Again my apologies

Appolgy accepted,  but it's not about  us,  it's about what the rotary  club  stands for and what the derby means to local buisness. .

Sorry for the hijack Stealth. . I'm done.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #25 on: Feb 05, 2020, 03:08 AM »
i always do Monday but wish I could do both ..
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Feb 05, 2020, 05:23 AM »
The otter hitch is killer though, spring dampened to take the hit out of slowing or accelerating, great design.

Yeah, love my otter hitch.  I have two different size otter sleds that I two- so much better than the home made hitches I used for years.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 05, 2020, 08:23 AM »
My boss is super cool, on top of giving me friday off with pay to scout areas with the sketchy ice, he also let me blow off most of what I was supposed to do today so I could put the new Otter together... took about 2 hours start to finish. Really happy with the quality, fit and finish.  I'll do a proper review once it's been put through its paces this weekend... on to going through gear and I'm ready for the derby.

Started with this...

Ended here a couple hours later...

That's a slick looking set up... if that were me, I'd somehow have it covered with grease... my wife says I'm the only one on the planet that can get dirty taking a shower.

My truck has been packed since Sunday.

Offline MTPockets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 05, 2020, 08:32 AM »
I love new toys! Congragts!!!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 05, 2020, 08:35 AM »
I hear ya Roccus... I scrub my hands with steel wool a couple times a week and they still look like I crawled out of a cave. I swept the floor twice before I started assembling and still got the tent dusty... It's the life of someone who works hard with their body, not much we can do. And I wouldn't change it lol...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.