Author Topic: Team vs. Team  (Read 6529 times)

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
Team vs. Team
« on: Jan 20, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Working on figuring out which team has most entries (overall & per category), so far NY and Maine are dominating.  Only part way through though.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
Re: Team vs. Team
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2008, 10:47 PM »
And hang on because the rest of team NY is getting ice while we speak!!!

Offline Strike_Zone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2008, 11:05 PM »
And hang on because the rest of team NY is getting ice while we speak!!!

Gambell does that mean that NY has flung down the gauntlet and is ready to Kick "A" and take names ?

Go Team NY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Never Open a Can of Worms Unless You Plan to go Fishing".
    "If Ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people"?
  "Old Age is like Underware it Creeps up on You".
  "It is what it is" because "it aint what it is".
  "Some people do, some don't, some will and some won't". It's your call and only your call.

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2008, 06:06 AM »
I believe so boys, but what else is new? haha! Go NY!!
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2008, 07:37 AM »
Alright guys, I'm going to be the guy to take the hit for the team, and develop some method of counting stuff for teams, and keepin it updated. I'm getting highspeed internet, so it will be easier for me to do. I'll figure out how points will be distributed and then let you folks know.

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2008, 08:54 AM »
Alright guys, I'm going to be the guy to take the hit for the team, and develop some method of counting stuff for teams, and keepin it updated. I'm getting highspeed internet, so it will be easier for me to do. I'll figure out how points will be distributed and then let you folks know.
If you take total number of fish entered I will congratulate Team NY on there win now they seeing how they have about 1000 more members then anyother state!!! The way it was run in years past was the top 3 fish from the states competing were awarded points 3 points for a 1st place fish 2 points for 2nd and 1 point for 3rd.
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline icefishinman88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2008, 12:42 PM »
Got fishable ice now.Headin out this weekend.GOOO TEAM NY

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2008, 12:49 PM »
I was wondering how long this was going to take , The old Raw score vs Normalized score ! LOL

I think Marshrat is correct with the score system , It seems to be the only way to do it and make everyone happy not to mention the easiest .

Some folks also have to remember that the guy's running the tourney are doing it in their free time and have a family and full time job so please be patient with them .

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2008, 01:17 PM »
For all the states that don't feel its fair because we have more members from NY and Maine, go out and recruit some! You think NY and Maine have all these entries by accident? Spread the word about Iceshanty.com and you might be surprised how fast your numbers increase.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2008, 01:46 PM »
Alright guys, I'm going to take the leaderboards and give out points in reverse order from 5 to 3, and then I am going to place a score of 1 point for all of the other entries. I will then use that as the raw score, and then I will normalize the score for those guys who feel they were slighted for not having icefishers. You guys can then settle everything on your own.

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2008, 05:48 PM »
I think you should do the 5 to 3 for the leader board and then do a side tourney with the Total number of fish entered and just give each team 1 point for each fish posted?
Have two different scores the leader board and then the total number of fish. I see no reason for a normalized score if you do it this way. Its alot of hassle of finding out how many people are on each team. I did it for PA a couple years ago and I don't want to go through 80 pages of names again ;D. I would hate for anyone else to have to do the same. Its up to you guys I don't get to excited about small things like this anymore.

PS I do recruit I ask every person I see on the Ice if they are from IS. It also helps you have safe Ice longer then we do we are alot closer the the Mason Dixon line then you are
Christopher S Neal

Offline Frozen__Nutts

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • So easy, a cave man could do it
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2008, 05:59 PM »
Alright guys, I'm going to take the leaderboards and give out points in reverse order from 5 to 3, and then I am going to place a score of 1 point for all of the other entries. I will then use that as the raw score, and then I will normalize the score for those guys who feel they were slighted for not having icefishers. You guys can then settle everything on your own.
U can enter anything... ::)

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2008, 06:12 PM »
Alright I can just go 3 to 1. Its alot easier for me than any other way... but I thought you guys wanted some normalized scores? If not, I can just do it the easy way.

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2008, 07:13 PM »
Alright I can just go 3 to 1. Its alot easier for me than any other way... but I thought you guys wanted some normalized scores? If not, I can just do it the easy way.
If you don't add the 1 point per fish there doesn't need a Normalized score but if you add the one point then there does
Christopher S Neal

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just give me water hard or not and ill be happy
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2008, 07:25 PM »
hey weres all of team nh   come on guys post some fish i cant be the only one fishing lol

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2008, 08:03 PM »
There is still a need for a normalized score if there is only the reverse order leaderboard. I'm counting the numbers right now of guys from each state, and for example there are 101 people from Maine so far in my counting. There's 85 from New York. Therefore, there 1.18 icefishermen in Michigan for every one in New York, and the gap is alot bigger with other states and territories. This is where the argument for normalized scoring comes in. By multiplying the points for the folks from New York by 1.18, it levels the playing field for those two states, and this can be utilized for all of the regions entered. Without normalized scoring, there will likely be a major complaint from the guys with underrepresented states that they don't have enough guys on the ice to compete in a flat scoring system.

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 21, 2008, 08:19 PM »
Not that I'm worried about it, but normalizing a score probably just confuses the issue.  If you are going to normalize based on member numbers, why not also normalize based on available species in a given area?  Here in MB, we really don't have any fishable numbers of bluegill/sunfish, there are no chain pickerel, and there's definitely no white perch...I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

The state / province numbers are generally just for fun and bragging rights...if it were up to me, I'd just say the leader's board by location.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2008, 10:27 PM »
Keep the score simple.  Who cares about normalizing the scores.  If you add a  point like you are saying  (for every fish entered) Marsh, NY will over load Lonewolf by posting so many pics and make his job harder.  It is for fun keep it that way.  If you don't like that your state has fewer guys, MOVE. 

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2008, 11:25 PM »
3 points for 1st
2 points for 2nd
1 point for 3rd

Add all the points in each category and the team with the most points wins !
 Who cares what state or province has the most or least participants we all knew going into this teams would be lopsided .
Remember this is for fun and the harder people make it on the folks running this the more discouraging it is for them and they could just as easily be fishing themself and not do this in their free time .

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 22, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Isnt this tourny great ;D  Seems to me you guys out east of here spend more time hackin on each other instead of fishin :D  Im just hoping to see a few entries from Team Nebraska to do us proud.  Im well aware of our chances against the hoards from the eastern states like Maine and NY but Im certainly glad to be in it.  Still optimistic about my chances of gettin on the leaders board sometime this season.  We have some quality fishing here and Im not jealous of anyone anywhere.  If any one of us here get on and place in any catagory will be victory enough for me.  Keep fishin, tight lines and safe ice to all :thumbsup:

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline icefisherjaydogg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2008, 04:09 PM »
How do I get on team michigan? I am registered, got my tourny card, now what do i need to do?

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:12 PM »
How do I get on team michigan? I am registered, got my tourny card, now what do i need to do?

You're on it. ;D Now go get some fish for the tourney!

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #22 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:05 AM »
For all the states that don't feel its fair because we have more members from NY and Maine, go out and recruit some! You think NY and Maine have all these entries by accident? Spread the word about Iceshanty.com and you might be surprised how fast your numbers increase.
or travel to NY were the fish are thats all ;D
not fair not fair i thought this site was made of mostly men :laugh: :roflmao:
all i know is that the ice has to be around,( as of right now we just got some around me)
look at the number of lakes in canada and how lo9ng they get ice
look at the size of fish in there random pics
now the only thing unfair is you and you team sit on this site more than ya fish ;D

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Just like the Giants.... NY is going down   LOL   :D   :D   :D

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #24 on: Feb 04, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Just like the Giants.... NY is going down   LOL   :D   :D   :D
just like you said.................. ...........GO NY :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Feb 29, 2008, 08:32 PM »
I'm just getting warmed up  ;D :tipup:

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:35 AM »
I'm just getting warmed up  ;D :tipup:
Prob is so isn't mother nature