The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Troubleshooting a marcum lx3 flasher  (Read 326 times)

Offline starcraft180

• IceShanty Rookie
Troubleshooting a marcum lx3 flasher
« on: Jan 30, 2021, 07:16 PM »
Today as I was fishing my marcum lx3 flasher started acting all weird.  The transducer quite ticking,the screen would light all up with red, I would turn it off and back on and it would continue to beep until I would turn it back off,it would show that we was in 8 feet of water but really we was in 17 feet of water.  Anybody have any idea what is going on with it?  Bad transducer or bad head  unit?  I put  brand new battery in it and still did not help.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Offline mitcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Troubleshooting a marcum lx3 flasher
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2021, 07:30 PM »
Best thing do do is go to the marcum web sight and ask them what they think. Might be something simple. Good luck.

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2021, 05:05 AM »
I own a lx5i that i had to have the motor replaced and at one point had to buy a new transducer for it.  Best thing to do is take mitcher's advice and talk to someone at Marcum. 

Now I will say the problem you're describing with your unit sounds like the problem I was having when the transducer went bad.

When the inside motor went the unit still worked for me, kinda.  The screen would rock back and forth.  I could still read it but it was annoying.

Offline starcraft180

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:22 AM »
Thanks guy just sent a message to Marcum.  Might have to go buy another one and use the old one has a back up when it is fixed. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.