The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: flags flags and more flags  (Read 1022 times)

Offline tipuppppppppp

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get the gaff
flags flags and more flags
« on: Feb 08, 2010, 02:54 PM »
fished the hortonia derby and not much was happening, we caught 1bass adn 1 pike both nice fish but not big enough,  decided to leave early and fish champlain the rest of the weekend.  boy was it brisk out there, but we caught a ton of fish.  at one time we had 12 tipups at once, and that was with having only 15 out.  we caught about 30 pickerel and 10 bass a few nice ones but mostly small, here are a few pics one of the bass from hortonia and a pickerel from champlain. pics were from my phone so they are a bit blurry                                                                          

Offline bad1vt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: flags flags and more flags
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2010, 03:19 PM »
hey tip-uppppppp did you find those smallies you asked me about? if you need alittle more help let me know bad1vt

Offline tipuppppppppp

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get the gaff
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2010, 03:25 PM »
no, the water is still dirty at larabees but we found some clear water in a small area farther down the lake, but when the water clears catching those would be awsome, i caught them in another area i want to try also but the water is just to dirty.  i was hoping it would clear  by now but it is taking a while. hopefully not to much longer before it gets good again cause i miss catching my big pike

Offline bad1vt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2010, 03:39 PM »
we were fishing straight off the point of the rocks do you know a guy named bob up there that has hes shanty were you're fishing? a friend of mines brother is up there

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2010, 03:52 PM »
12 tip-ups at once is amazing! Good for you. I'm still trying for three flags at the same time.

Offline tipuppppppppp

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get the gaff
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2010, 04:36 PM »
i don't know anybody named bob.  we fish quite a ways from larabees,  we just launch from there and usuaully go south towards east creek.  i have wanted to try between the two points right at larabees though, thats where they guys catch the smallies right before the lakes ices over in nov.  there are old pilings in the water in like 20ft out there

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2010, 05:57 PM »
12 tip ups how do you know what one to get first?   lol. Nopthing like running flags........jim s

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2010, 06:01 PM »
the most i had was three at one. i was all by myself and landed all three pickerel

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2010, 06:59 PM »
Mine was 2 .... but i only had to setup at the time. Got ready to set up the 3rd one and looked back and both flags were up. Pike on both......jim s

Offline tipuppppppppp

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get the gaff
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:42 PM »
i think out of the 12 we had 7 to 8 pickerel and 2 bass, its tough we were catching so many fish i stopped counting, we went through about 5 dozen bait that day.  i was pretty tired at the end of the day, running and running then skimming holes as the wind was howling and blowing snow in the holes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.