The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: TO THE GUY OR GUYS WHO STOLE DUCK HUNTING BOAT (UPDATE 2 YRS LATER)  (Read 4086 times)

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
I KNOW THIS IS A LONG SHOT BUT THIS IS A MESSAGE TO THE JERK OR JERKS WHO STOLE OUR BOAT AND OAR RIGHT OUT OF OUR BLIND ON THE SCARBORO MARSH IN SOUTHERN MAINE!! I WEWNT OUT TO OUR BLIND TODAY TO CLEAN IT OUT FOR THE SEASONE AND IT WAS GONE!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY DIGNITY LEFT YOU WILL GO AND PUT IT BACK IN OUR BLIND NO QUESTIONS ASKED<  HOWEVER< IF WE EVER SEE YOU OUT THERE ON THE MARSH USING OUR BOAT IT WILL BE A VERY BAD SCENE!  YOU PROBABLY WONT READ THIS BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DON'T HAVE THE DECENCY OF BEING A DU OR ICE SHANTY MEMBER!!  IF ANYBODY KNOWS OF SOMEONE IN THE SCARBORO MARSH SOUTHERN MAINE AREA WHO SEEMS TO HAVE JUST GOT A 12' JON BOAT PAINTED A LIGHT GREEN AND BROWN COLOR, AND A SILVER OAR WITH A RED PADDLE THEN LET ME KNOW!!  THEY MUST HAVE HELP TOO SINCE IT IS ABOUT 1/4 MILE TO THE NEAREST ROAD!!!!  JUST PUT IT BACK IN THE BLIND NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
( HERES THE UPDATE)
  I would like to give a big THANKYOU to DOGMAN here on Ice shanty, who while hunting last week, spotted a jon boat that looked familiar and sent me a PM. After a few back and forth messages and me coming home from DC to go out and go to the spot he said where he saw it !!  BINGO  it is found.  With some help of the Scarborough Police Dept.  I was able to get the boat today with out any confrontation..  Its been a long 2 years but  its back in our possession and we have to do some repairs on it, but so be it!    THANKS AGAIN DOGMAN..   FInally a good ending to one of these often too numerous stories!!!!   :callcops: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
Re: TO THE GUY OR GUYS WHO STOLE OUR DUCK HUNTING BOAT
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007, 04:47 PM »
PAKAHEDS!!!!
Personally I hope you catch 'em and give 'em some instant justice
Sorry 'bout the bad deal--hope it gets made right for you

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2007, 04:50 PM »
thats really unfortunate, its to bad that there is people like that out there
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline lindenborn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2007, 04:51 PM »
Man that stinks, I know how ya feel.  I had my mercury 15horse 4 stroke stole of my john boat outa my yard.

Offline Frozen__Nutts

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • So easy, a cave man could do it
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Thiefs suck!..catch em and Hang em High

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss. It's not so much losing the boat as losing faith in people. I hope you get it back.
Steve

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Too many out there that "wanna have it"...but to dam lazy to "work for it"...good luck in getting it back

Offline bvafiades

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:06 PM »
Nothing worse than a thief.  People that are actually convicted of this type of theft should not be able to purchase a hunting or fishing license again.

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:10 PM »
AMEN TO THAT!
i am a big supporter of PETA...."People Eating Tasty Animals"

"the green hornet strikes again gustafson!!!!"

Offline outdoorman18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2007, 06:01 PM »
thats horrible....i hope you see em a catch em'....cant leave out anything these days :-\

Offline Hoppes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2021 Hardwater - Another Maine Super Season
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Lot of low-lifes out there.  Had my canoe and paddle stolen off an island I was hunting up north four years ago.  Stranded on an island in single digit temps.  Found out who stole it the next summer.  Low lifes.....  (on Chesuncook Lake)  They have a real fine reputation of being what they are.   Know how you feel, hope you find the boat in use in the near future.
Hoppes
Hunting and fishing!  God's gift to mankind
Strike master 40 V Electric
Otter Insulated
2019 Ski Doo Expedition
Jack Traps

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2007, 09:25 PM »
nothings worse than a thief!! for someone to have the gaul to just take something that someone else forked out thier hard earned money for just really pisses me off! probably some punk kids that think its funny to take someones boat for a joy ride! if you catch em' shoot em' in the kneecaps w/ some t shot then get the warden!!! i hope you find your boat and justice is seved!! i know how you feel!

Offline dewyg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing Partners
« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2007, 09:29 PM »
I had my prosthetic leg stolen while I was in a deer blind, I had to hop and drag myself two miles back to my truck.  I went back the next day on my quad and found that squirrels had stolen it and began storing nuts in it for the upcoming winter.  I had to cancel the police report and call off the hitman that I had hired. ;D
Set the hook and keep your line tight!

Offline laktrout92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2007, 09:44 PM »
I had my prosthetic leg stolen while I was in a deer blind, I had to hop and drag myself two miles back to my truck.  I went back the next day on my quad and found that squirrels had stolen it and began storing nuts in it for the upcoming winter.  I had to cancel the police report and call off the hitman that I had hired. ;D

happend to me once to lol  ;D

Offline outdoorman18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2007, 06:54 AM »

wow...now thats quite a story with a good ending. At least it wasnt a thief :o

Offline toguetaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is fishing!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2007, 07:45 AM »
MDB,, If you look on the bottom of the marsh I bet you will find it. My grandfather and I had a canoe stolen from us many years ago from Eagle Lake in BarHarbor, we had it chained to a tree because my granfrther couldn't lift it on and off his car by himself. Any way, we found it that winter when an icefisherman got caught around the seat with his bait trap. Some one had scuttled it about 25 feet from shore. I know how you feel because if I could find the son of a *itch that stole it I would hope that he was dying. DONT PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION TO GET INTO TROUBLE.....IT IS NOT WORTH LOOSING YOUR FREEDOM FOR A LOOSER. LET THE LAW DO IT'S THING

Thank you to all my fellow Veterans

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2007, 07:45 AM »
No kidding, remeber the days when you didn't have to lock up your ice shack! Now you don't dare be 50' from your equipment.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:11 AM »
if it was aluminum they may have junked it metal prices are right up there and that would give the low life some spending money
in god we trust

Offline ACLemieux

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm a lumberjack & I'm OK.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:26 AM »
That's really wrong. You just hear about way too much of this kind of crap. I hope you catch 'em with it.
Adam.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:28 AM »
The authorities could never do idiots like this justice. They need to be chained to the boat and set adrift for for a week or so, then shot! Hope like he!! you find these guys and give them the justice they deserve!

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:43 AM »
when I was out there yesterday it was low tide and I could see the bottom of the channel, and I walk quite a bit of it and didn't see it, If these people were scuttling crap then why not throw our blind chairs into the water and our camo netting?  It just would take someone knowing it was there because the blind is a 15 minute walk from the nearest road!

Offline tougeslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 16, 2007, 11:08 AM »
We had a boat chained up on a backwoods trout pond in the western mt. area and went in one day to find a key broken off in our lock still attached to the boat.  The boat is now gone to another pond but its still a pain to lug a conoe back and fourth to do a little trout fishing.  People need to respect other peoples stuff.  My .02
P.S. Hope u cathch them and give them a few choice words
Let the dog run or the reels run?  Winters toughest dilemma!

Offline crawler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 16, 2007, 02:35 PM »
Yep that's what thieves do they steal.The boys we up iN K-I hunting and some idiots stole the atv ramps.What ya gotta do is get an engraver and engrave."STOLEN FROM JOHN SMITH"

GOOD LUCK

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 16, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Here is a picture of the boat that was stolen.

Offline Dogman-

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Neanderthal
« Reply #24 on: Jan 16, 2007, 04:05 PM »
I remember seeing it the last day of reg duck season,the tide was very high and I hunted there from about 11:30 til legal closing.The water was well up over the marsh but that jon boat was there after the tide fell so it didn't float away then.I didn't see any other people on that end of the marsh.
Hope it turns up.
Make sure your brain is running before you put your mouth in gear.

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 16, 2007, 04:15 PM »
That really Bites! Im sorry to hear about that Maineduckhunter. Another place you could post your msg is craigslist.org Go to the page than look to the right and click Maine....Youll be in Maines Craigslist. They have a Rant and Rave section and also a Wanted section.....Its free to post.
I hope you catch the Thievin bass turds

Offline pollydog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 17, 2007, 04:42 PM »
Thieves suck. Ive had stuff stolen before. Cops are never much help. I live in Saco I definitely will keep an eye out. Might be worth checking Pawn shops good luck

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 18, 2007, 05:46 AM »
I know how it feels man. I lost several traps this year and probably 10 animals to thieves. It sours the whole experience and ruins your day, there is just no darn need of it.  If you want something get a job. LAYZE people are thieves!

Hope you find your boat man.
Anthony

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
whoo hooo see update on top of page 1!

Offline Frozen__Nutts

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • So easy, a cave man could do it
whoo hooo see update on top of page 1!
Glad you got it back!...so tell us who the thiefs were ??? ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.