Author Topic: Deep Creek  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Walleye226

• IceShanty Rookie
Deep Creek
« on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:43 PM »
Can anyone tell me if there is safe ice on deep creek to fish, I don't need to know what coves and so on?? Any help would be great.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
Re: Deep Creek
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:16 AM »
Once you get 3 post you can see the reports and condition board. But there was safe ice in a few places last weekend. This weekend there should be more.

Offline Walleye226

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:22 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Walleye226

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:27 PM »
If you dont mind me asking how thick was it ? More than 4 is good for me.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:33 PM »
Yeah there was 4 inches on green glad last saturday I bet there is a few more inches there by this weekend. Other coves should be good as well

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Oh and welcome to ice shanty. There is tons of great info on here. The Maryland west virgina form has been pretty dead. But there are lots of other forms for fish species, jigging,electronics,, tip ups and many more that I have found very helpfull. Good luck out there this weekend!

Offline Ghart

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:24 PM »
First time to post.  Want to thank you all that post here.  I have learned much !! I'm making my second lifetime pilgrimage to DcL this weekend.  Been icefishing all my life. Cut my teeth in Mn.  As I go ill let you all in on what the hardwater produces!!!   Can't wait.......new playground.  See you all there!!

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:21 PM »
First time to post.  Want to thank you all that post here.  I have learned much !! I'm making my second lifetime pilgrimage to DcL this weekend.  Been icefishing all my life. Cut my teeth in Mn.  As I go ill let you all in on what the hardwater produces!!!   Can't wait.......new playground.  See you all there!!

Welcome to the shanty. Good luck this weekend hope to hear good results! Tight lines   

Offline icefisherinmd.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2013, 03:34 PM »
Has anyone been to DCL lately? Was hoping to make a trip this weekend  [presidents day weekend] If anyone has any info. it would certainly be appreciated. Thanks

Offline crappie assain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2013, 05:37 PM »
I went to green glade last wknd and there was good ice there.  Checked north glade and there was anywhere from 2-4". Some of the coves should make it though this warm up. 

Offline johnsaredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2013, 08:46 PM »
The ice has been dicey all year and very inconsistant. I had four inches in one spot and close to one inch about 20 feet away. If you go drill as you go, wear flotation, go with a friend, and carry a throw rope with you. The ice has came and gone too many times for me this year. I'm probably done for the year.
Ice fishing is no catch and release sport.

Offline icefisherinmd.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2013, 11:20 AM »
Crappie assain are you going to DCL this coming weekend? Would you please give me a call if you go. 443-898-2578 Thanks.

Offline crappie assain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Icefisherinmd, not sure as of right now.  I would like to go.  If I do I will certainly give you a call.  Have to talk it over with the wife, I've been spending a lot of time on the ice lately, you know how that can be. lol 

Offline icefisherinmd.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2013, 01:22 PM »
I certainly can under stand that. You got to keep peace within the family. I was thinking of taking my fiance and daughter, but money is tight,also a little worried about the weather. I'm less concerned about it. If you want to go early Saturday morning, just give me a call I'm ready to drill some holes. Keith. By the way I live in Middle River.

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:47 PM »
8" solid ice at Green Glade cove last Saturday. Should be thicker now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.