The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: AquaView Micro  (Read 1771 times)

Offline zjlooney

• Team IceShanty Regular
AquaView Micro
« on: Nov 28, 2015, 10:50 AM »
Who has experience with one of these? Thinking about putting one on my Christmas list. The price is right just wanting to know what to expect. I'm set up in the flasher department so I'm just looking for something to run down the hole and see what's happening.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: AquaView Micro
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2015, 11:36 AM »
I really like mine. Bought it used and it was in excellent condition. The one I have is a basic unit, black & white,  50' cord and I use it primarily for scouting bottoms.

When I have kids with me they'll spend hours watching schools of perch on the bottom too. They're nice to have if you already have the rest of your gear accounted for.  :tipup:

Offline Fenwick307

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2015, 05:09 PM »
I had one and returned it but only because it's all so compact I figured at some point I would drop it down a hole or break it some how some way. If your looking for something real small it works great just seemed to fragile to be in my sled.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2015, 05:30 PM »
Zach, if you want to check one out, you're more than welcome to take mine out sometime too. I just realized it was your post I replied to above.

Offline zjlooney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2015, 06:16 PM »
Zach, if you want to check one out, you're more than welcome to take mine out sometime too. I just realized it was your post I replied to above.
Might have to take you up on that! I'm wanting one for similar reasons. Mainly just to see what the bottom actually looks like.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2015, 06:55 PM »
Might have to take you up on that! I'm wanting one for similar reasons. Mainly just to see what the bottom actually looks like.

Well, if I we're to ever get an invite!  :roflmao:

Offline wyfrabill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2015, 07:51 PM »
I have the color unit. Love it! I bought the knuckle arm for it and put it on the pole in the shanty over the top of the flasher and run it down  the same hole!

Offline zjlooney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2015, 11:36 AM »
Well, if I we're to ever get an invite!  :roflmao:

I recall seeing some pictures the other day that I wasn't invited to participate in!  ???

Offline zjlooney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2015, 11:36 AM »
I have the color unit. Love it! I bought the knuckle arm for it and put it on the pole in the shanty over the top of the flasher and run it down  the same hole!

I really like that idea!

Offline wyoeyes!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2015, 01:58 PM »
I have one. Mixed results. Screen is hard to see outdoors. Much better inside the ice house. Getting the camera set in place so you can see your jig is time consuming, but is good for seeing what the bottom looks like. Not much use after dark. Also struggle with where to set the screen. Its small. It will attach to a tri-pod (recommended), but it is more "stuff" to pack, set up and takes away from fishing time.

Bought a remote last season to adjust camera, but haven't used it yet. Hopefully that helps with deployment.

If I were to do it again, I'd by something with a bigger screen that will sit on its own. I use my vex mostly, but if the conditions are right the viewing is a blast.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2015, 02:07 PM »
I have one. Mixed results. Screen is hard to see outdoors. Much better inside the ice house. Getting the camera set in place so you can see your jig is time consuming, but is good for seeing what the bottom looks like. Not much use after dark. Also struggle with where to set the screen. Its small. It will attach to a tri-pod (recommended), but it is more "stuff" to pack, set up and takes away from fishing time.

Bought a remote last season to adjust camera, but haven't used it yet. Hopefully that helps with deployment.

If I were to do it again, I'd by something with a bigger screen that will sit on its own. I use my vex mostly, but if the conditions are right the viewing is a blast.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=309081.0;nowap

I also added some anti glare screen to the monitor helps

if you buy a newly manufactured unit this years model I believe it comes with a much better fin design.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2015, 02:11 PM »
Don't forget that Aqua Vu has a rebate for a free case

http://www.aquavu.com/Rebates
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Wyogrown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2015, 03:34 PM »
Has anyone tried using a gopro? I can link mine to my phone via Bluetooth and get realtime video. I don't know though if it would stay contected underwater or how it deep it can go. Might be worth a shot!

Offline zjlooney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2015, 02:18 PM »
Has anyone tried using a gopro? I can link mine to my phone via Bluetooth and get realtime video. I don't know though if it would stay contected underwater or how it deep it can go. Might be worth a shot!
I've thought about that but it makes me real nervous! I'm planning to at least put it on a broomstick and get some video of fish coming to the hole.

Offline Wyogrown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2015, 11:01 AM »
I've thought about that but it makes me real nervous! I'm planning to at least put it on a broomstick and get some video of fish coming to the hole.

There are several youtube videos out there using a gopro under the ice. One used a golf ball retriever to get it down about 16 feet. There was also a tutorial on how to make a wifi antenna so you can live stream which is what I want to try. Might be a hassle but I think it would be fun to try anyway.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.