The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: lowrance m68c  (Read 866 times)

Offline eyeman316

• IceShanty Rookie
lowrance m68c
« on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Does any one have a lowrance M68c I'd like to know if there worth buying? I've seen them used on youtube and they look great

Offline RS_ICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: lowrance m68c
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:27 PM »
I also have a x67c and it is great. My buddy has a m68c and for some reason it does not work as well as the 67. We are usually fishing over 50fow for some reason his 68 does not pick up a jig in the deeper water as well as my 67. I don't know if it is just his finder or if this holds true for all m68c's. It does seem to work well in shallow water though.

Offline eyeman316

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2010, 11:05 PM »
so does it pick up a jig in deeper water and is it good on the ice

Offline crazy4ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2010, 02:29 PM »
i have the x67c and i love it.notice i get a little interfance when my buddys close to me with his but still LOVE IT.

Offline Brookie8myb8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2010, 12:26 AM »
DON'T PURCHASE A LOWRANCE!!  The customer service at Lowrance is the biggest joke in the industry.  You absolutely cannot purchase individual parts from Lowrance without giving a kidney.  The folks at Hummingbird are hands down sooooooo much nicer to deal with.  I recently purchased my dad a new Hummingbird with the built in GPS like the M68, and strongly believe it is a superior machine.  Several Hummingbird machines also can be changed between two different frequencies where the lower end Lowrance's cannot.  This is nice when fishing in close quarters. 

I purchase a new HD5 Lowrance last year, and called Lowrance to purchase the bag from them, and they would not sell just the bag by itself.  They wanted $150 to purchase a kit when all I needed was the bag.  I called Hummingbird, and purchased a bag from them, and can truly say that it is much better than the Lowrance bag.  I actually fits the Lowrance HD5 better than Lowrance's own bag.  It is a much better thought out bag.

Yesterday my brothers M67's charger started smoking when he plugged it into the wall, and he also called Lowrance this morning to purchase a new charge cord, and they would not sell him a new charger either.  They told him that he would have to buy the whole kit with bag, and that now it is running $180.  He said that Hummingbird had it with a battery for $40, and the Lowrance guy told him that he better buy it from Hummingbird.  This is the saddest customer service department I have ever encountered.

Also, you will be on hold with Lowrance most of the time for about a half hour before you get someone on the phone.  Another reason to look at is that Lowrance sends all units to China when a repair is needed I have been told by a dealer while Hummingbird does all their repairs in Louisiana.  Lowrance's turnaround is supposedly up to 8 weeks where Hummingbird guarantees your unit back in less than 2.

I sure wish I would have went with the Hummingbird after knowing all that I have found out about Lowrance.  I hope this may help you in your decisions.  I had to learn the hard way.

Brookie8myb8

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.