The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: strikemaster 2000 2hp Carb issues...  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Walruspaul

• IceShanty Rookie
strikemaster 2000 2hp Carb issues...
« on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:45 PM »
I just recently got a used strikemaster 2hp 10" mag 2000 that needs carb adjustments. I know the PO replaced the original single screw carb with a two-screw carb, and guess what? No flathead screwdriver slots on these adjustment screws. (ain't life grand?) I don't have a small enough needle nose to get in there and turn the screws either. I don't have a socket that will fit in the "opening" around the screws. The auger runs fine, but the low speed is set a bit too open and the high speed is a bit too closed, so the auger spins really slowly at idle, cuts like a beast when at 1/4 choke, but slows down or dies with no choke while cutting.

(sorry about the pic quality)

Does anyone have this same carb (looks aftermarket to me?) Or any idea if there is a tool that I can use (is there such a thing as a thin wall socket this tiny maybe?) to get this job done? 5/32nds socket doesn't fit.  :'(

If not, I will be purchasing a small file to put in some slots in these friggin' screws... I just don't have any other ideas.

PS: I'm sure this info is here somewhere, but is there a good way to tell the age of the auger? It does not have a primer bulb, has a yellow decompression button, and I believe (hearsay) that it came with a one screw carb. 

Thanks guys!

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: strikemaster 2000 2hp Carb issues...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2013, 07:37 AM »
Contact Strike Master.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:52 AM »
They can be dated by the serial number but as far as the carb adjustment I would say take it it a small engine shop or call strikemaster.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline gasman707

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold is a state of mind!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2013, 09:43 PM »

Does anyone have this same carb (looks aftermarket to me?) Or any idea if there is a tool that I can use (is there such a thing as a thin wall socket this tiny maybe?) to get this job done? 5/32nds socket doesn't fit.  :'(

If not, I will be purchasing a small file to put in some slots in these friggin' screws... I just don't have any other ideas.

PS

Fixed many of these carbs with a hack saw blade. Just buy a fine cut hack saw blade,and cut rite thru the case surrounding the set screws (centered on each screw)  until they have a notch deep enough for a screw driver.
This also makes it easy because you now  have a starting mark to know how far you have turned them.
PS: When I do this I always turn each screw in all the way (just snug do not force or over tighten) so I know how many turns out the screws where in case I screw up and have to start over.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.