Author Topic: Have a safe and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2509 times)

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
Have a safe and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Dec 21, 2006, 05:55 AM »
I Just wanted to tell everyone out there to have a safe and merry Christmas.  With this being the last weekend before Christmas I want to remind everyone to be careful.  It seems that everyone is rushing around and several people out there are just driving stupid.  Take care and watch out for them.  This is a terrible time of the year to have anything bad happen  to any of us.  For those of you going out this weekend good luck.
Enjoy the holidays.
Travis

Offline AKKay

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Have a safe and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2006, 11:30 AM »
Merry Christmas to you too and to all you ice junkies.  Do be safe.......I was on my way home from fishing Birch Lake yesterday and nearly got run off the road by some lunatic driving a million mph and passing on the double yellow on a curve.  And don't forget, the days start getting longer tomorrow!!  Happy winter solstice!
AKKay
🎣❄️

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2006, 02:09 PM »
Merry Christmas back to ya! and everyone on IS

Travisj88, Where are you located, in Alaska or California? :D
TEAM ALASKA

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Barleydog, I live right here in Fairbanks.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2006, 08:32 PM »
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours. Here's hoping all you hardwater nuts get some ice fishing goodies from Santa under the tree and to a continued fun and successful ice fishing season in the new year.

Don't forget to get your new license before heading out after December 31st.

Brad

Offline komocazie74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2006, 12:34 AM »
i hope everyone has a merry x-mas and happy new year even the lurkers ;D i got the cabelas tent kit for x-mas cant wait till it gets here woo hoo ;)   heres to everone to have a great 2007 and catch the big ones and may team AK catch many long fish :D :D :D :P

you only live once- take time to enjoy it

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2006, 02:00 PM »
anyone getting out on the holiday weekend? I'm heading to quartz or birch saturday...lost 3 when I was at quartz last so I had to make a few gear upgrades and am now ready to reclaim my manhood...

oh and Merry Christmas!!! Have a safe and happy one!

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2006, 04:18 PM »
You do the same
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2006, 04:24 PM »
well made it to quartz and....

manhood unreclaimed... :(  two little 12" bows was all for a full day (but it was a great day on the lake nonetheless)

I explored a bit on the lake trying different depths and wish it was a bit closer to home so I could experiment more...was thinking of trying Harding next (lots closer to Fairbanks) but just read a horrific sounding post about lots of dead fish there. Maybe I'll have to make a couple close Chena Lakes trips to get things dialed in?

Anywhere else near Fairbanks producing or is it just slow right now?

Offline AKKay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Lots of dead fish at Harding Lake??  What's that about?  Where'd ya see the post?  I was thinkin of trying there too since it's closer.
🎣❄️

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Dont sweat the near misses everyone......life is full of those.....and remember that another mans junky day, is somebody elses treasure!.....Grump

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2006, 10:27 PM »
saw it on a post on the AK outdoors directory - http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php?t=7141 -

I'm not one to sweat a slow day! Just makes me eager to go back and have better luck...would like to stack the deck if I can though.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2006, 02:17 AM »
HAHAHAHA! :D :D

Tradbow eh?  Well AKDan you pulled some wool over some eyes... That's a beauty!  Now you know that's how the rumor mill get's started. :whistle:
AKjw....  Read carefully my friend, all is well. ;)
TEAM ALASKA

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2006, 09:55 AM »
no wonder I didn't get a response when I asked for further info. I know that lake has lost lots of habitat so I was geniuinly worried when I read that....thanks for the news ;)

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 28, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Plenty of fish but small lake....  Just remember to keep those broad stock lakers swimming!  There's plenty of char and since they don't breed, they make good smoked fish. :-\  The best fish are the little 5 lb. char....  Tastey!
TEAM ALASKA

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 28, 2006, 09:50 PM »
"little 5 lb char"? Sounds pretty nice to me compared to the small fries I've pulled in the last few outings!

Anyone that goes after slow growing fish that are now reproducing on their own like those lakers should be practicing C&R...I'm with you on that one BD.

I've caught some decent dollies before in southeast and down on the Kenai peninsula, but I still can't wait to pull a 5lb char through a hole! It's going to be a few weekends before I get out again hopefully this January is a touch warmer than last!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 29, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Right on akjw!  Lakers breed way to slow for us to keep all those toads.  Eat a salmon, save a laker!  There's some beauty char up here.  We have pulled many a fish above 15 lbs. with a couple tipping 20 lbs....  Sounds like B.S. I know, but it can be done! ;)  Biggens taste like a bag of smashed a$$holes, but make a cool photo and replica mount! ;D 
TEAM ALASKA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.